Sign in to follow this  

Brown's Camp trail closures.

Been hearing alot about trail closures at Brown's Camp. Wanting to ride this in the next couple of weeks but don't want to waste time and gas money to drive there for nothing. Has anyone been up there lately to see what's open? thanks in advance. Dennis

Thanks for the great link. Before I saw your post I contacted the OHV office for TSF and the gal said less than 20% of the trails were closed so we've got some people all ready to ride this weekend. I hope it's not as bad as the link states...but I'm wondering if she knew what the heck she was talking about? :ride::thumbsup: I'll report back on how accurate the info is on the link once I get back from riding Browns.

I was just up there last weekend. It sucked. Everything was closed around brown's camp. I would concur the extra trip to the diamond mill.

I rode Browns the weekend of July 22-23 and there were closures, about 20% and mostly to the east of the Brown's staging area-the easiest trails. Heading west of Brown's there was an occasional closed trail, but less than 10%. The closure list in the link looks bad, but most of the closures are short, small segments and are less than a 1 mile closure.

For example, only 1 segment of Powerline is closed, and it's maybe a 1 mile piece that the road parrallels.

But, I'd rather head west and hit the singletracks myself, but the Mrs is still in the rookie phase, so for now I'm stuck dodgin quads.

If you know the trail system in the Browns Camp area, its not that bad. I was up there Sunday and we got almost 40 miles in. No matter which area you go to in the TSF you are going to have to ride roads. Trails that were open this last weekend were closed 2 weeks ago. They are slowly getting them repaired and opened up. There are 3 trails that will be closed until a contractor can get in to make some major repairs, one of which being Elliot Creek trail right behind the sand shed on the highway. 2 weeks ago we did a 50 mile loop. For as much traffic as Browns Camp sees, its not a bad place to ride. The trails suit a variety of riding skills. For those who get out and have fun simply being able to ride, its a great place. For those who like to bitch about riding areas, but still go there its a great place for that as well.

Just be sure to have a shovel, a 2 1/2 LB fire extinguisher or a gallon of water in your vehicle, due to the "regulated use closure." Those bright orange signs. If stopped and you don't have them you could get a citation for about $100.