do they have enough power?

i'm wanting a 125 pit bike. do they have enough power to pull my fat ? around? i'm about 200lbs, i want something thats not gonna break easy, and something with alot of power. i've been looking at the SSR 125, not sure what model put it has 14"/12" rims and a 30" seat height.

think its worth the money?

It's going to be hard to find a production pitbike putting out more than 8.5 HP. I saw a bike they claimed pumped out 20HP bone stock, and my stock Xtreme 107 could outpull that thing (PS, the 107 has around 7.5). If you want a FAST bike, look into a Super Head kit. Or have a local engine guy port and polish, shave the head and throw in some bigger valves. Good guys in my area are Fletchtrick and Loganbuilt. Logan tends to be rather slow, and they both get expensive, but they can make your bike a total rocketship.

My suggestion? Buy a 124 with a good frame and wheels, and have someone work the head on it. Stay away from the bikes that start in neutral, IMHO they tend to break trannies easier. Not a proven fact, just my opinion.

Whitey, I have a Pitster Pro X2R and love it.

I'm 300 lbs and have had NO major problems. I handles the jumps with ease!

Go to Capitol Motosports Ltd in Winnipeg (539 St. Mary's Road, Ph 237-MOTO). They have them in stock. He'll hook you up!

There is 3 models to choose from. He's the best pitbike dealer in Manitoba.

They have 8.5 hp and they fly!

Whitey, I have a Pitster Pro X2R and love it.

I'm 300 lbs and have had NO major problems. I handles the jumps with ease!

Go to Capitol Motosports Ltd in Winnipeg (539 St. Mary's Road, Ph 237-MOTO). They have them in stock. He'll hook you up!

There is 3 models to choose from. He's the best pitbike dealer in Manitoba.

They have 8.5 hp and they fly!

ya, lees the man, i've been EXTREMELY happy with his fast and curtious serivice in the past, its just more than i'm willing to spend, what are they like $2500?

Well, I'm 6'3" and about 195. I'm riding an '05 Brand X 125, and I'm happy with it. Second gear will put me on my ass anytime, third is a tug of the bars, and you can clutch it up in fourth. What you have to realize is that the wheelbase is so short, and the rear tire is so small that the power they do have feels greatly exagerated. I haven't had one friend ride it that could stop smiling afterwards. Get one, you'll have a blast.

Ya, the bike probably sighs when I whip the reins, but I got one of the first X2R's that came into Canada, which I believe had a heavy shock spring. Believe it or not, I had to back the spring off for it to handle better. It's never showed signs of me being to heavy, but that's a price I'm willing to pay if it happens.

At least on this model I can race guys on hoped up 50's or the 125x. The new swingarm makes it way more stable, you really have to want to wheelie.

Whitey, Capitol can give you a good shake on the Pitster, but I think Pitster Pro changed distributors up here, so now they are coming out of Edmonton instead of Winnipeg, which is a big mistake in my mind since the Prairies is a different market and needs to be handled hands on.

Pitster Pro will loose sales in the prairies now, especially since FXR distributes Thumpstar's out of Manitoba and just hired a local rep. It's a shame to, because the local distributor busted his ass to get Pitster to catch on out here....

I thought that was the fun of pit bikes because theyre underpowered so youre using the clutch more and shifting all the time and for a real blast try holding them wide open in the woods tons of fun because you can actually do that on some ?

Whitey, support your local dealer. You have a couple pitbike dealers near you. Why go through the hassle of buying the USA??

When you need something it's nice to go to a local dealer for support and service.

Capitol Motorsports are very dedicated to their customers and they'll put you into the best pitbike for your needs. Stop by their shop when you can, it'll be worth it.

They have a ton of MX gear and accesories in there to.