Sign in to follow this  

slipper clutch or rekluse

just wondering if on a 510 smr what would be the better clutch this is not a race bike just for fun on the street.

thanks

You don't need an auto clutch on the street that is for sure.

Probably don't need either a slipper or autoclutch for the street. With that said, I have a Rekluse installed in my SM450R which I use on the street for fun. It takes some getting used to and I still use the clutch lever for upshifting/downshifting most of the time. The main difference is that depending on how you set up the Rekluse, you can carry a gear higher through tight sections of twisties and the clutch will provide enough slip to keep you moving at a rapid pace. Not a huge benefit, but it is something different.

Just got my racers support approved by Eraldo Ferracci :thumbsup: .. THANK YOU SIR.. The Surflex slipper was shipped out this afternoon.. can I get an AMEN my brotha !!!! sorry out of topic but just for the street you might just want to keep it stock.. spend the $ on tuning your suspension and better tires or something...

i just bought an sm450r with a slipper clutch already fitted but what exactly are the benefits?

i just bought an sm450r with a slipper clutch already fitted but what exactly are the benefits?

No wheel hop on fast downshifts and less compression braking.