Sign in to follow this  

Hare & Hounds.

Hi everyone, I'm soon to be getting a nice new bike and have been advised to maybe enter a hare & hounds race. I was just wondering if entering a race like this would nacker the bike out? Also, i'm by no means your best rider out there, so would I cope with it?

you would probably want to go to one to see how they run first. i dont know how they do things over in the UK. but that is usually a 40 mile race. thats just what i hear so i guess just read around. GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

AMA's definition of Hare and Hound - Hare and hound races are often referred to as desert races because of their popularity in the Southwest. Riders race over a natural terrain course at least 40 miles long and pass through a series of checkpoints. But unlike an enduro, this is an all-out race featuring a mass start.

For top level riders, AMA Sports sanctions the AMA FMF Racing National Hare and Hound Series.

Also check out this link for more info on all different types of AMA races http://www.amadirectlink.com/amrace/torace.asp

AMA's definition of Hare and Hound - Hare and hound races are often referred to as desert races because of their popularity in the Southwest. Riders race over a natural terrain course at least 40 miles long and pass through a series of checkpoints. But unlike an enduro, this is an all-out race featuring a mass start.

For top level riders, AMA Sports sanctions the AMA FMF Racing National Hare and Hound Series.

But arent they different on each district?? plus he lives in the UK :thumbsup:

Thanks for the effort guys. Basically the hare and hounds is where you have a cross country lap (a few miles long) and the winner is the person who does the most laps in a given time limit (usualy around 2-3 hours). For instance theres one near by me that uses two mx tracks and a large wood to build up the lap with loads of little obsticales placed in the way......although this sounds like a hare scrmables, but everyone i've talked to's calling them hare & hounds. Anyways, looks like good fun, but maybe a bit much for now..

Thanks for the effort guys. Basically the hare and hounds is where you have a cross country lap (a few miles long) and the winner is the person who does the most laps in a given time limit (usualy around 2-3 hours). For instance theres one near by me that uses two mx tracks and a large wood to build up the lap with loads of little obsticales placed in the way......although this sounds like a hare scrmables, but everyone i've talked to's calling them hare & hounds. Anyways, looks like good fun, but maybe a bit much for now..

That sounds like a WORC's race. A hare & Hound is a much longer loop generally 40 miles plus. Where the name comes from is the leader is known as the hare and the hounds are the ones chasing the hare.

That sounds like a WORC's race. A hare & Hound is a much longer loop generally 40 miles plus. Where the name comes from is the leader is known as the hare and the hounds are the ones chasing the hare.

ohhhh...ok, cheers trouty. So whats a hare scrambles? man this is confusing me............i think i might give up on all this endurance talk in a bit! its tiring me out big time, all this brain power, gaw....

• Like 1

that sounds more like a hare scramble. they need to make these terms international friendly. :thumbsup: