Sign in to follow this  

Iron Mountain

Question for Michigan UP riders. I am going to be staying at Iron Mountain from 8/13 through 8/30. I am going to take a trail bike with me and would like to know if there are any other trails in the area besides the Norway loop?

Question for Michigan UP riders. I am going to be staying at Iron Mountain from 7/13 through 7/30. I am going to take a trail bike with me and would like to know if there are any other trails in the area besides the Norway loop?

...so ...? You're back home now and asking this question?

...so ...? You're back home now and asking this question?

Yeh, I've not ridden that far west in the UP.

Wanna pick me up on the way? I live in the Soo (well, outskirts...6 mile), and I will ride with ya! HEH. Theirs tons of trails up here man, it's like trail heaven. I don't know much, my Mom does though, me and her used to ride them all the time years and years ago, but now I got more into MX and quit trails, besides when were down in Westbranch/Mio at our lake house. I could get back to you on it tomorrow for ya though.

If I am correct in the UP you can ride any seasonal road so if you got a GPS set a waypoint at your truck and pick one and go

You do know that August it the eighth (8th) month of the year?

Anyway. Go over into Wisconsin on US 2. As soon as you get over the river, right by the liquior stores, hang a left (south) and you'll end up on the Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs trail system. It goes for ever.

Also go north along M95. There is an abandon RR grade just WEST of M95 that will take you all the way to Champion (M28). Take any right or left up there by Silver Lake and you'll be lost for days.

You do know that August it the eighth (8th) month of the year?.

I do now, sometimes it takes a while, CRS ya know. Thanks much for the info.

If you're plated you're pretty much good to go. Michigan law says that in the UP it's open to ORVs unless marked closed to ORVs. Just the opposite in the LP, closed unless marked open.

...and I'm not kidding about packing a lunch... cell phone, map, compass, GPS, water, space blanket, BUG DOPE, it is pretty easy to get lost.

I'll be up there the 24th through the 28th, getting the son moved in at NMU. I'll trailer one of my bikes up. My Outlaws live in Kingsford and if there is a lull in the action maybe we can hook up and I'll give you a little couple hundred mile tour. :thumbsup:

I'll PM you my cell phone number.