Sign in to follow this  

CA DR650 Emissions

I have an 03 DR650. When I took the emissions (charcoal canister off) I noticed it was vented out the back.

So when I took it off I capped the gas tank vent (bottom).

However out of the front of the carb I let this line vent. Now someone told me to cap it. I capped it and it still runs fine.

Does the carb line have a vacum or is it just a check valve inside the brass tube.

Thanks

Sorry I have no answer to your question. I'm hoping to get some similar information myself.

Just put on a new IMS tank today. I have no idea what to do with the seperator hose that was conneceted to the tank, the canister it connects to or the the hose that connects to the carb. Sounds like I can remove all of this JUNK and just cap it at the carb....or am I wrong? Help! :thumbsup:

I tossed all that junk and capped my carb.Actually when I drilled my slide I sealed the fitting from the inside with gas tank repair epoxy.

What does that mean, "drilled my slide" ?

When I jetted my carb I also drilled my slide it is a common mod to do on mildly tuned dr's.It increases throttle response.There is a good picture of it in the Kientech website.The slide is in the uppermost part of the carb,right where that useless hole you now have is.It is really easy to do.It is also really easy to just leave an inch of hose and put a tight fitting screw in it,which is what I did for a couple of weeks until I jetted the carb.

When I jetted my carb I also drilled my slide it is a common mod to do on mildly tuned dr's.It increases throttle response.There is a good picture of it in the Kientech website.The slide is in the uppermost part of the carb,right where that useless hole you now have is.It is really easy to do.It is also really easy to just leave an inch of hose and put a tight fitting screw in it,which is what I did for a couple of weeks until I jetted the carb.

Thanks for the info. With no vacuum line on the IMS petcock will I now have to shut the fuel off everytime I turn off the bike? Seems like it might flood the carb now.

Thanks for the info. With no vacuum line on the IMS petcock will I now have to shut the fuel off everytime I turn off the bike? Seems like it might flood the carb now.

More or less for overnight stuff, yes, but maybe not if your willing to accept the minimal risk. Manual fuel petcocks are a system that has worked for motos for years.