Sign in to follow this  

big gun slip on vs stock with promoto endcap

i need to get a spark arrestor for my bike for riding trails once in awhile.... i wanted to know what you guys thought was a better deal... adding a promoto end cap w/ arrestor www.promotobillet.com, or ive seen the big gun slip on muffler on ebay for as cheap as $245, it either comes with a spark arrestor or you can get a removable one for it from big gun.... So i guess im comparing a endcap from promoto with arrestor for $130 bucks vs a big gun slip on for $245.... is the big gun going to give more power to make it worth $100 bucks more??? thanks for the help guys!!

I would just get the Pro Moto Billet endcap. I had one on my '02 and my '05, but I also have Pro Circuit pipes that I use for riding track.

It's the cheapest way to equip your bike with a spark arrestor, but at the same time you can also purchase their optional quiet insert. I don't know if you ever ride the dunes at Coos Bay, but that's what I run while I'm up there. The rangers ears would bleed if they heard my Pro Circuit pipe. :ride:

I have always like having a pipe for offroad and a pipe for track.

BTW, I am 1BFT over at FTW. Kinda figured you were the same jetjock from over there. :thumbsup:

Nice.... thanks for the advice..... yes im on FTW

i got a YFZ450 quad i ride at coos bay and wichestor that has a ESR pipe on it and its loud as hell... i have a quite core for it witch i keep at camp, but no ranger has ever given me any grief so im not too worried about that anymore after i bought the quite core and never used it... ive ridin my CRF out there a few times.. stock pipe i dont know how loud that is but theyve never bothered me..... its just the forest service land around Klamath Falls.. with it being hot and all, they'd be pissed if i was riding around with no spark arrestor!