Sign in to follow this  

TE450 Review, Trail Rider Magazine

Trail Rider Mag is such a good magazine. I hate reading the pretty magazines that only care about bikes that are raced in mx. The review is spot on accurate IMO. A few quotes...

"My first impression is that the motor is super strong... ...there is no mid-range hit or top end fall off"

"Words can't do the smoothness of that powerplant justice. The TE450 really does have the best 450cc powerplant"

"best stock powerband I have ever seen for a four stroke. Strong, fast and very very controllable"

"best shifting motorcycle I have ever ridden"

"top quality components adorn a race proven frame and motor"

And a couple of negatives, which I completly agree with.

"The husky comes with a nice digital speedo, but it's not resettable by tenths". (I guess the euro guys didn't know eastcoasters use tenths of miles in their enduros)

"Our only real negative is the frailty of the plastics on the husky. We broke three sets of radiator shrouds riding in tight woods..."

"Muffler burns your boot on the right side, just like the KTM"

One reviewer talked about the hotstart and how it needed to be on the handlebars. The review was a little screwed up because they put on a stiffer rear spring but not stiffer fork springs, but they admitted their mistake and stated they believed the stock suspension could be adjusted properly without requiring an expensive revalve.

If you don't get Trail Rider Mag you should. They always seem to give an accurate opinion, IMO. :ride: No, I don't work for them, I just appreciate good journalism. Good job trail rider :thumbsup:

what month is the issue? any idea where i could pick-up a copy in person, as i haven't seen that magazine here in california before? you know like grocery stores, barnes & noble or something like that! i love reading ANYTHING to do with Husky's!

what month is the issue? any idea where i could pick-up a copy in person, as i haven't seen that magazine here in california before? you know like grocery stores, barnes & noble or something like that! i love reading ANYTHING to do with Husky's!

+1

Greg

Trail Rider Magazine is an east coast only mag that covers enduros and harescrambles. You can only get it by subscription. Can't even get it on the shelves on the east coast. They have good reviews of bikes and info on industry things. Last month they had an article about ATK and a review of an ATK with EFI. The month prior they had a review of a Gas Gas bike. The 450 review is in the current issue, August 06. www.trailrider.com for subscriptions. The website is fairly new and really isn't good, but the info in the mag is.

thanks arod. i know what you mean about the website not being real good. i checked it out after i saw your first comment. i was hoping to maybe read the article on their site but i guess i'll subscribe. although wooded forrests aren't around in the southern california desert, my father-in-law and i like to go "single tracking" in tight, technical canyons and i bet some/most of the riding tips that trail rider provides would apply to our type of riding as well! maybe i'll subscribe for him too as a suprise. he'd love it. thanks for the response.

The website is fairly new and really isn't good, but the info in the mag is.

You're being too kind. Their website sucks period. I normally wouldn't care but when it appears to get an update once a month at most it won't get many people to subscribe. I may order the issue with the TE450 if they sell back issues.

Greg

If you want I can fax the article to you. PM me with your fax number.

The magazine is a small time publication which is why their opinion is usually accurate, but also why their website sucks!

Hi all, can anyone give me the facts when the 07 Huski's,the TE450 in paticular will be available in the midwest? I've spoke to 4 different dealers,all wellestablished dealerships and got 4 diff. answers. Also went to the Cagiva/Huski web-site, tried their ask a "?" line and got NO response,,hope they fill parts orders better. Anyway I've got the urge having been on a late mdl. DRZ-S and want to move up. Thanks in advance for the input. P.S. any dealers selling @less than msrp? :thumbsup:

Don't know about the web site but I have only heard good things about the magazine.

Don't know about the 07 bikes but don't think there was much selling of 2006s below msrp. Maybe once the ktms with plates arrive? Would not count on it though.

i just put a deposit down for an '07 TE 510, and my dealer (malcolm smith motorsports) expects them to be in around late september / early october.

i'm not holding my breath, but i am keeping my fingers crossed!! that is around the time "desert season" starts around here and i won't do much ridin' anyway untill then! but if i do i've the kx 250 & 500 ready to go! :ride: man i can't wait for that magic-buttoned four stroke! it's gonna make me lazy :thumbsup:

oh, and yes i'm paying msrp for it :thumbsup: i almost walked outta there a few weeks ago with an '06 tc450 instead (they have 'em brand new for $4695.00!) but i really want the 6 speed, 18" rear wheel, e-start, and the infamous license plate! to put the e-start and dual sport kit on the 450 (yes, there is a guy in california who can still do it. in fact he gaurantees it, as long as the 8th digit of your v.i.n. is not a "3" or a "c") would have put me near the 510 price and i still would have a close ratio 5 speed with motocross wheels and suspension. (i liked the idea of that ohlins shock though!)

Hi all, can anyone give me the facts when the 07 Huski's,the TE450 in paticular will be available in the midwest? I've spoke to 4 different dealers,all wellestablished dealerships and got 4 diff. answers. Also went to the Cagiva/Huski web-site, tried their ask a "?" line and got NO response,,hope they fill parts orders better. Anyway I've got the urge having been on a late mdl. DRZ-S and want to move up. Thanks in advance for the input. P.S. any dealers selling @less than msrp? :thumbsup:

Last year, my 510 didn't arrive at the dealer until December. I think he got the 450's a little earlier in November.

paul

Trail Rider Mag is such a good magazine. I hate reading the pretty magazines that only care about bikes that are raced in mx. The review is spot on accurate IMO. A few quotes...

"My first impression is that the motor is super strong... ...there is no mid-range hit or top end fall off"

"Words can't do the smoothness of that powerplant justice. The TE450 really does have the best 450cc powerplant"

"best stock powerband I have ever seen for a four stroke. Strong, fast and very very controllable"

"best shifting motorcycle I have ever ridden"

"top quality components adorn a race proven frame and motor"

And a couple of negatives, which I completly agree with.

"The husky comes with a nice digital speedo, but it's not resettable by tenths". (I guess the euro guys didn't know eastcoasters use tenths of miles in their enduros)

"Our only real negative is the frailty of the plastics on the husky. We broke three sets of radiator shrouds riding in tight woods..."

"Muffler burns your boot on the right side, just like the KTM"

One reviewer talked about the hotstart and how it needed to be on the handlebars. The review was a little screwed up because they put on a stiffer rear spring but not stiffer fork springs, but they admitted their mistake and stated they believed the stock suspension could be adjusted properly without requiring an expensive revalve.

If you don't get Trail Rider Mag you should. They always seem to give an accurate opinion, IMO. :cry: No, I don't work for them, I just appreciate good journalism. Good job trail rider :ride:

Over here in England we have a magazine called TBM (Trailbike & Enduro Magazine) and its exactly like you said if you don't get it you should its the best Enduro magazine over here by far and they give good and accurate opinions and tips for ridding and bike maintenance and things ETC which is really good. Keep up the good work TBM!!!!. Ricky :thumbsup:

'06 Tc450 instead (they have 'em brand new for $4695.00!) to put the e-start

What were you quoted to add just the E-start on the 06 TC? I'm looking at an 06 TC 450 or 510 and adding the E-start to it too? I already have a dual sport bike or I'd look at the TE also.Thanks. Steny :thumbsup:

'06 Tc450 instead (they have 'em brand new for $4695.00!) to put the e-start

What were you quoted to add just the E-start on the 06 TC? I'm looking at an 06 TC 450 or 510 and adding the E-start to it too? I already have a dual sport bike or I'd look at the TE also.Thanks. Steny :thumbsup:

just for for the parts they said around $700.00 for the e-start kit. that was me putting it on obviously. but that's really no chore. husky sells the kit as an accesory now for the tc's and it should come with everything to do the job from what i understand!

i been waitng almost two months for that magazine(trail rider) kinda shady it hasnt come yet.

Trail Rider Magazine is a one man show...It somethimes takes a while for Paul to process things.

Don't worry if you subscribed you'll be getting it.

Dale

I scanned in this article. If anyone wants it PM me with your email address.