Sign in to follow this  

Taylor Park this weekend, Aug 5-6th

Anyone looking to ride up at Taylor Park this weekend?

Ill be up thursday 8/2 through Monday the 6th.

A group of us camping near Dorchester.

Swing by and say Hi

trying to talk Ramz into guiding a ride.

Larry

I'll be up there as well, Blue F-250 and Ragen Toyhauler. North of Dorchester no farther than where Taylor Pass Road meets F.R. 742. Look me up.

Larry and 06yz450, sounds great, any directions to a camp ground or camping area would be great, Dorchester sounds good to me, coming from the east coast we are kinda out of our territory, we will be in a blue Excursion and a grey campmaster trailer. Looking to get out of hot and humid Pittsburgh and into some rocky mountain single track. We should try to put a ride together with a few others or something. --Kyle

Ill be up thursday 8/2 through Monday the 6th.
8/2 is a Wed on my calendar :cry:
trying to talk Ramz into guiding a ride.
First I've heard of this :thumbsup:

I'll be riding a fun loop starting near Dinner Station on Wed, 8/2. The usual high country tour that will include Gunn Spur, Flag Cr, B&T, Double Top, Brush Cr Tr, Crystal Pass, Tilton, Dorch, and Lily Pond. I'll let you know how the trails are Wed evening with a post on here. :ride:

Just rode those Saturday and Sunday. I've never been on them before but most are somewhat wet and trenched out. We also rode Block and Tackle and it was wet and gnarly. :thumbsup:

Ok, I got my days screwed up, :ride: I'm up on thursday the "3rd" till Monday the "7th".

First I've heard of this
Check your private messages

I think I sent you one the other day.

If no one is in our spot we'll be camped in that Meadow on the other side of the hill behind Dorchester camp ground, if you take the campground turnoff you just follow it around the hill till it leads you back to the main road, the meadow is off to the right of the side road. if you go past Dorchester campground and stay on the main road, the meadow is off the left after you crest the hill. if that spot is taken we'll be somewhere in that vicinity, a Jayco motorhome with a couple of pop-ups, a camper and a travel trailer.(all trickling in thurs. and friday)

only 4 riders among us though, other than the kids on their small bikes.

Stop on by, :thumbsup:

Larry

We are getting afternoon monsoon type downpours. The rain in many areas including the top of double top and block and tackle are severely damaged. Ride with care, and try not to tear stuff up. People are wanting those trails permanently closed to motorized use.

I should be in Friday afternoon and will try to find this Dorchester campground area and as always will tread lightly on the trail.

Check your private messages.

I think I sent you one the other day.

Hard to do; I disabled PMs months ago. Use e-mail; ramz [AT] amigo [DOT] net

Hey, KGM, Don't know how you guys are planning on coming into Taylor Park area, but have some directions. Go to Buena Vista and find Cottonwood Pass road (first intersection at the south end of town with a traffic signal, it is well marked). Head west 26? miles until it dead ends into C.R. (F.R.) 742. Turn right and head north. You'll pass Dinner Station campground, Spring Creek Resevoir Road, Italian Creek Road, then you will come to Dorchester Campground. Don't worry about missing it, it's well marked. Could be as much as 15-20? miles up the dirt road. After Dorchester there is a hill and at the top start looking to the left,that is where Larrywr400 is thinking about being (if I'm not mistaken). I will be up the road a little further. See you guys up there.

Sounds good, thanks for the info, I'll be around Dorchester with a CRF450 #53. Why doesn't anyone camp at Dorchester? To crowded or do they charge a fee? See you guys on Friday, hopefully in the afternoon.--Kyle

Personally, I prefer to have a litle more room between myself and my forest neighbors. They do charge at Dorchester. See you up there. P.S. make sure you are spark arrested.

We won't be at the campground, were on forest land about a mile away on the othe side of the hill.

LH

The usual high country tour that will include Gunn Spur, Flag Cr, B&T, Double Top, Brush Cr Tr, Crystal Pass, Tilton, Dorch, and Lily Pond.
Gunn Spur was it's usual rocky, slimy, rutted self, but still fun to ride and a good challenge. Flag Cr Tr was dry and very fast. Although we didn't ride the east side of Block & Tackle, a rider we met on the west side said the east side was muddy, rutted, and had some down logs. Double Top is still rutted on the section we rode. The west side of Block & Tackle was fine, as was East Brush Cr Tr. East Brush had one go-over and a go around on a newly fallen tree. Tilton was ok, as was Dorchester and Lily Pond. We rode a few other trails, and all were fine.

I think the trails will be fairly easy to ride in the next few days because the weather is heading into a dry spell. We had no rain today, and some trails were getting dusty by late afternoon.

Happy Trails :thumbsup: