Sign in to follow this  

Taylor Park this weekend, Aug 5-6th

Gunn Spur was it's usual rocky, slimy, rutted self, but still fun to ride and a good challenge. Flag Cr Tr was dry and very fast. Although we didn't ride the east side of Block & Tackle, a rider we met on the west side said the east side was muddy, rutted, and had some down logs. Double Top is still rutted on the section we rode. The west side of Block & Tackle was fine, as was East Brush Cr Tr. East Brush had one go-over and a go around on a newly fallen tree. Tilton was ok, as was Dorchester and Lily Pond. We rode a few other trails, and all were fine.

I think the trails will be fairly easy to ride in the next few days because the weather is heading into a dry spell. We had no rain today, and some trails were getting dusty by late afternoon.

Happy Trails :ride:

Rick, Did you go down to Spring Ck. Res at Matchless on did you continue on the Spur to Doctor Pk and then down? If the latter, I'll bet you had fun on the downhill switchbacks, they were a muddy, slick nightmare last week. I don't see anyone making it up those in that condition.

The rain was spotty, heavy around Spring Ck but later that day Timberline was completely dry and even dusty.

I hope the middle of Sept. will be decent weather. I think some friends and I are going to be doing Taylor Park the week of the 10th. Never ridden there in September.

Rick, so the Doctor Park section of the Spur hasn't been closed to riding yet? I had heard it was going to be, just don't know when.

Did you go down to Spring Ck. Res at Matchless
If you're referring to the quoted comments, I posted them in Aug, 2006.
I'll bet you had fun on the downhill switchbacks, they were a muddy, slick nightmare last week. I don't see anyone making it up those in that condition.
Long ago, I rode them on one rainy day and swore to never ride them again. On one stop, waiting for the rider ahead to clear, I was standing next to my bike, and the bike and I started sliding sideways off the trail. Just standing there. Now, I ride a bypass... (involves Ute Gulch Tr) :thumbsup:
I hope the middle of Sept. will be decent weather.
The best time of the year to ride starts the day after Labor Day!
so the Doctor Park section of the Spur hasn't been closed to riding yet?
Nothing has been closed yet. The plan is sometime in 2009. :foul: Better plan lottsa trips this year and next.

I hope the middle of Sept. will be decent weather. I think some friends and I are going to be doing Taylor Park the week of the 10th. Never ridden there in September.

Rick, so the Doctor Park section of the Spur hasn't been closed to riding yet? I had heard it was going to be, just don't know when.

Don't get shot by a muzzle-loader! :eek:

If you're referring to the quoted comments, I posted them in Aug, 2006.

Sorry, didn't notice. I have no idea how I dug that post back up. I don't recall doing a search. Anyway, is your bypass w/ Ute Gulch on the Lat 40 or TI map? Thx.

Ute Gulch Tr is shown on TI # 131 (the top end is shown incorrectly).

Further deponent sayeth not. (Not publicly :D )