Sign in to follow this  

Been down and now I'M BACK!!

I have rehabilitated my knee to a point where it is as good as it is gonna be. I haven't done much but race the catalogs and magazines for the last year so my CRF450 is loaded for whatever I can dish out. Before surgery I used to ride practice tracks at Mtn. Home and another one owned by Matt ? in Rutherford County. Also used to be a track off 40 in Old Fort. Seems like everything has closed down. I would like to ride a bit before I line up on the gate with a bunch of wild eyed old men. I'm 52 and I recollect the old men being more likely to punt you over the berm quicker than the 125C class. Gotta love guys with 40+ years racing experience! Anyway, I have to walk before I fly and I need to find some quality dirt to play on. I live in the Asheville area and if any of you guys know of some places to practice a bit I would certainly appreciate some direction. I'm looking for some riding buds too. My wife lost interest so I'm selling her 05 CRF 250X. Got 3 hours on it and only been ridden on Sundays by a little old lady! I'm serious!

Hey udogu,

I'm one county over and a few years younger but we've probably seen eachother on a ride or two. Mtn Home is presently closed with lots of rumors about reopening, Matt's is open but you never know when he's gonna change his mind at the last minute and close, Lakeside down in Travelers Rest just closed down two weeks ago due to a change in ownership.

The goods news is there's a new track up near Gaffney called Iron City that's supposed to be great, TNT down near Union has mutiple tracks and there's a good track in Shelby but I forgot the name. The other good news is all the woods riding areas are going strong with a few new private ones that have opened lately.

I'm more of a woods rider and there's MX guys here that have better info on tracks and they'll probably chime in soon. Anyway glad to hear your back on a bike and hope you get it dirty soon. Cheers :thumbsup:

Do you have some knee braces? if not, get some! they are like armor for your battered knees. How much for the 250X?

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Look for a black Dodge diesel with an enclosed black trailer, got #68 on white backgrounds of a CRF450R hidden in there. Got my third Asterisk CTi2 the other day, wore out the first two holding my knee together. No hurry to sell the wife's X model but I would sell it for $4100. Basically stock, got all the guards, ccc mods, Boysen Quick Shot, etc. I will put in the Trader for $4500 when I get time to take the pics. Shout back if you want to talk.

goose forgot to tell you about the brevard track. that sounds like something a hippie fruitcake bicyle rider would do. it is off of old highway 64. open on tuesday evenings and saturday all day. also lakeside is open, only with the old management back in control. i never road there with this guy running it but they say he never grooms the track and i know he has no way to water the track because the water truck was danny's. always looking for someone to show me how to ride. (which isn't very hard as slow as i am) let me know when you are up for a ride. i'm sure we can talk goose into it.

Also K-Bar-M in Gaffney,SC that might be a good choice to refresh the skills!

Goose, have you rode the trail systems at TNT?

I know you like woods riding and I hate I missed you guys at Brown a few w/e's back. I was there but but had issues.

I'd like to get you guys down this way! :thumbsup:

Goose, have you rode the trail systems at TNT?

I'd like to get you guys down this way! :thumbsup:

Haven't been to TNT in about 5 yrs, I should go back and check out what's new. I did ride the trails there when they were new but it was too wet and very rutted, that's probably why I've not returned.

Where is "down this way"?

Haven't been to TNT in about 5 yrs, I should go back and check out what's new. I did ride the trails there when they were new but it was too wet and very rutted, that's probably why I've not returned.

Where is "down this way"?

I wouldn't make a special trip to ride the trails there. You will be disappointed unless you want to mix it up and ride the tracks also.