TTR250 gone for 2007?

Is it just me or did yamaha drop the 250 from the line up for 07? Was looking for decent small trail bike that I could plate for the road and have some fun on. I thought of the ttr but cant find the 250 listed, don't think the 230 is for me.

I've got a few questions for the 250 owners out there.

1) what speed can it cruse comfortably at with a 200lb rider? 60mph??

2) What are the oil change intervals, and amount?

3) How many miles/hours are you guys getting before a rebuild, normal riding?

4) How far can it go on a tank of gas?

Thanks guys

1. 55-60 mph. From 60-70 it gets kinda buzzy

2.The owners manual says every 600 miles...you'd be an idiot to do that if you ride alot of dirt. Personally I change oil every 3-5 rides or about 200 miles

3. I've got just under 1500 miles on mine and the valves are still perfect...no adjustments so far. These bikes are known for going 5000 miles before needing a valve adjustment. The piston/rings shouldn't need replacing for at least 10,000 miles given frequent oil changes.

4. The U.S dirt model can go about 60-75 miles on a tank depending on how you use the throttle

East coast, canada. The shipping would be more than the bike is worth....

There are no used ttr250 arond here, called the dealer for a price. He didn't know what I was talking about. He said you mean a 230 I say no thats more of a bignner bike he said oh you want the one like the yz. errr no not the wr its has a twin cam aircooled motor. I never heard of it.

So its no wonder yamaha droped it from the line up for 07. Said He would sell me a 06 for 5900 canadian$ if he can get it. About 4700US$ is that a good price? what did you guys pay? Seems like a lot to me for this bike.

East coast, canada. The shipping would be more than the bike is worth....

Said He would sell me a 06 for 5900 canadian$ if he can get it. About 4700US$ is that a good price? what did you guys pay? Seems like a lot to me for this bike.

I guess, I got a new 05 this past week for 3700(just the bike, 4300 walk out)

JSanfilippo, what do you mean "buzzy"? I've haven't gotten it up past about 40 yet, because I'm still in the 20 hour break in period and don't want to run it too hard yet.

I guess, I got a new 05 this past week for 3700(just the bike, 4300 walk out)

JSanfilippo, what do you mean "buzzy"? I've haven't gotten it up past about 40 yet, because I'm still in the 20 hour break in period and don't want to run it too hard yet.

When I say "buzzy", I'm refering to the vibrations from the motor at sustained high RPMs. Also don't baby the bike durin break in just ride it like you would normally ride the bike just don't keep it at constant throttle position or in a single gear for too long. You want your piston rings to seat!!! Also 20 hours is too long for a break in period. The motor will continue to improve as far as rev-ability/response in that first 20 hour, but the initial break in should be completed within the 1st hour and an oil change shortly after that.

I have a TTR 250 1999 same as the 2005 TTR 250 and I am 200lbs and the bike can get moving pretty darn fast. oh dont get a 230 becasue I think that the have the rear drum brake unlike the rear and front disk brakes on the 250

By_Tore

I figure the 250 is overpriced and don't get a lot of respect from riders so It was droped. I looked around for a used one and managed to find a 02 in almost new condition, and bought it. I put 200km on the bike so far and am quite happy with it, I will to have to change the gearing, with 13/52 it cruises at 50mph with a top speed of 60 measured with GPS. Looks like I will be doing all the free modds and dualsporting it.