Sign in to follow this  

What to buy?

I can't decide. YZF450 or Crf. I have had both and the yamaha was more reliable. Which one of the 06's turns the best? I am leaning towards the Yzf but if it doesn't turn I don't want it. Please help!

Yamaha, that is a totally biased opinion. As far as turning, the rider and having the proper bike set up make the bike turn, not the bike. Good luck w/ your decision. Let us know what you get and post a picture when you get it.

Welcome to TT :ride::thumbsup:

Go with the Yamaha, they are reliable and probably turn better than any 426. The 06 is know for being light years ahead of 03's and 04's in terms of handling and I believe the suspension is much better on the 06. The Honda is a great bike from what I hear, but the Yamaha is better. I highly doubt you would be dissapointed with an '06 YZ450f. Good luck, hope you make the right decision.

Dirt Rider Mag did a shoot out of the 450's a couple months ago. It broke down the catagories: engine, brakes, handling... That should give you some more good info. I think they gave the nod to the Honda, but the Yamaha was a very close 2nd?

Sounds like you already have the answer...*Yamaha*. The '06 is amazing, just flat out amazing...ask anyone.

i have always been a fan of the YZF's. i have heard alot of good things, especially about the 426. i would go with the yamaha

You won't be unhappy with either one. I'd make the call based on dealer support, parts prices (and stock at the dealer), and price of the bike. :thumbsup::ride:

I think my '03 YZ450F handles great. The only time I have ever washed out the front was when I got cross rutted this one time and I am sure the '06 and the '07 are only going to be better.

My intermediate racer says the 06 CRF powerband is a bit much for any one but a pro. I haven't ridden it but if its too much for some one who can lap me I personally would not buy it. The YZF has been praised for its smooth powerband. I have an RMZ450 and a smooth powerband makes riding alot less tiring which means more riding time and more fun.

I can't decide. YZF450 or Crf. I have had both and the yamaha was more reliable. Which one of the 06's turns the best? I am leaning towards the Yzf but if it doesn't turn I don't want it. Please help!

Sounds like you yourself admit that the Yamaha is more reliable. What more is there?

I bet they both will turn with the correct chasis and rubber configuration.