Sign in to follow this  

yzf 450 missing at steady throttle

hey eddie , my 04 yfz 450 misses at a steady throttle.it still pulls good and starts good.it does not matter what rpm you are at. it is just very aggravating. let me know if this is a carb problem.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

Thanks, I Have Already Tested The Tps, And I Have Rode It With It Unhooked. It Does The Same Thing.it May Be A Little Better With It Unhooked. Some Guys Say It Is Running To Rich. Hit Me Back If You Come Up With Any Thing Else. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes,it has stock jetting.i have played with the main and pilot.i have went up and down .nothing helps . it does better with the tps unhooked.i am back to stock now.the miss sounds like you are hitting the kill for a split second a second apart. i know of 4 more bikes having this same problem. sparkplug looks fine.i am a two stroke man,,so i am lost here.the shop where i bought it doesnt have a clue.i acts to me like it may be the tps or cdi.i also have a yfz 450 four wheeler so i know the miss shouldnt be there.

yeah my 04 is doing the same thing it runs like a champ but at the most random points top end, low end, mid range, it just like hickups for a split second and keeps on getting it...entire bike is stock except for twin air filter problem started before the filter was installed im lost with you bro!!:ride:

We chased jetting for three days on my buddy's CRF450, turned out to be a bad plug.

Same symptom, sharp miss at certain RPM.

yeah i changed the plug, checked valve clearences, clutch clearences hot and cold and it still does it...my bike is getting worked on by this guy i know as i type this so hopefully he checks it out. i still put my money on the tps or something electrical because its way to random to be anything in the motor. its not constant so i dunno...

yeah my mechanic that i go to found out that i had a 158 slow jet and that was suppost to be a 150 and i had a 52 main which was suppost to be a 42 main so yeah its nice and crisp now...i have a 152 in it right now and it doesnt hesitate barely at all except for like once or twice in 3rd and 5th gear so were gonna go ahead and put in a 150 and that should cure it..thanks for your help though man!!