Sign in to follow this  

Valves ok,Comp ok,timing ok and also spark and fuel....still wont start!!!

This bike is starting to piss me off!!!! i have done heaps of work on this bike and know it back to front. For some reason it doesn't want to start, i have checked the valves , compression, timing, it has enough spark to kill a bull and its getting fuel. Someone told me it was the CDI unit so i put in a new one and still nothing wont even fire once.....has anyone had this problem?????its a 04 rmz

try this, turn off fuel, lean bike over to one side let gas leak out of the carb, bring it back up kick it with out turning on gas. When it tries to start turn on gas.

I know this sounds stupid, however I have seen it a bunch lately.

Is the vent hose clogged on the tank???

Disconnect the kill switch, sometimes it will partially ground out and not allow the proper spark.

You will figure it out, it's just a motorcycle, go through it very methodically and you will find the problem. You will feel great when you find it. It's always something very simple.

Thanks guys but i have already disconected the kill switch, Cleaned the carby its getting fuel i have even tow started this thing around the block a few times and nothing not even one fire.

OK, start from the top - Got fuel and is getting to plug, got spark, timing is within specs, compression is fine, here ya go---

Crankshaft sensor faulty

Neutral switch faulty

Flywheel/Magneto problem

Valve not seating properly

Auto decompress issue

Pilot screw/Idle adjusting screw mal-adjusted

Pilot screw air passage clogged

Starter jet clogged

Lets us know!!