Sign in to follow this  

Kx450f Fly Wheel Weight?

First of all thank you to all that contribute to this awsome site! Has anyone tried or know anyone that did, use a fly wheel weight on the kx450f? I read different articles about them, and was wondering if its a worthy cause. At 47 me and the big greeny are going to start racing motocross again, after a leg break a couple years ago I thought I was done,but I got the bug again! Man I love this sport!

I'm 47 to and i just got a stealthy 9oz weight for my o6 kx 450 but i ride woods . i will post when i get some seat time, probably be a couple weeks though, to hot to ride for me ( triple digits)

The company was( stealthy off road) . They had a add in last months dirt rider mag . they have two for the kx450f a 7oz and a 9oz , i went with the 9oz . I have not had it out since the weight was put on except to run it around the yard ( to hot for me (only ride woods) but it did seam to help the stalling issue . I will post more after i have a chance to get the bike out to the trails .

:thumbsup: I don't get to ride much , i work every other week end and my bud's work all week (i get a lot of time of during the week but i don't like riding by my self ) any way back to the subject . I got to take it for a little ride today and it was a good purchase , does what i wanted it to do (lets it lug and keep running with out having to abusing the clutch)

I did not want to soften the hit thats the reason i only put a 9oz weight on it instead of looking for a larger one . And the hit seams to be the same ! but the area it did help was , stalling on technical trails so now i don't haft to slip the clutch that creates a lot of heat , wear on the plates and that puts a lot of garbage in the oil that doesn't need to be there .And i do have a fmf Q-2 slip on and it does have a spark arrester and i did not notice a loss of power .