Sign in to follow this  

Can I Over Rev CRF450R ?

I have gone from CR 250 to a CRF450R.On a 2 stroke keeping the R's up is the way you ride.What about the 4 stroke :thumbsup: @ what point do i over rev.I have heard i should learn to shift quikly and keep the R's down and power through :ride: Help me out,Thanks

Of course you can over rev a crf450r, any bike can be over revved, that why there are rev limiters and multiple gears. The point of a four stroke is the torque, use the torque advantage that a four stroke has over a two stroke is what makes them competitive. I would suggest shifting sooner to utilize the the low end power of that bike. My .02 :thumbsup:

so its better to shift sooner on a 4-stroke?

about how soon should u shift to get the most torque and low-end power out of the bike?

about how soon should u shift to get the most torque and low-end power out of the bike?

from riding my buddies bikes, (honda, yamaha, Ktm) they were all different. You just have to feel were the power band is on your bike.

I have gone from CR 250 to a CRF450R.On a 2 stroke keeping the R's up is the way you ride.What about the 4 stroke :ride: @ what point do i over rev.I have heard i should learn to shift quikly and keep the R's down and power through :cry: Help me out,Thanks

Shift short. You don't have to stay on the pipe on your new 450 like your old 250 smoker. :thumbsup:

If you ride 'er like a 2-stroke..... she'll bloooooooooow!

If you ride that 450 like a two stroke you will end up with arms like Minilla Gorilla or kill yourself. Jeremy McGrath said "nobody can use all the power of today's four stroke 450's" and I would have to agree. Keep the bike in the middle of the power as much as possible and be smooth, you will go faster and use less energy. Carry more speed into the corners and eccelerate smoothly, grip and rip will just get you tired and won't give you the results you want.

If you ride that 450 like a two stroke you will end up with arms like Minilla Gorilla or kill yourself. Jeremy McGrath said "nobody can use all the power of today's four stroke 450's" and I would have to agree. Keep the bike in the middle of the power as much as possible and be smooth, you will go faster and use less energy. Carry more speed into the corners and eccelerate smoothly, grip and rip will just get you tired and won't give you the results you want.

Hence, "throttle pimp". :thumbsup: