Sign in to follow this  

CRF250X purchasing.

Hi guys!

I'm new here, so I would like to ask you a question...

Tomorow, I'm planning to buy a '05 CRF250X, which is almost brand new(it has one ride arround the block on it).The guy found out that the bike is too much for him. Price will be $4100; it's too much / cheap? The bike is stock, do I have to make any mods at the beginning?

Thank you.

no, you dont have to do anything to it. but it really makes it come alive if you open the airbox/exhaust and rejet it.

if it truly has such little use, thats a great deal IMO

when you go to look at it look at the tires for wear and look at the sprockets and chain to see if his story is a fake, if its only been around the block there should be no dirt or mud ANYWHERE you will see some dust probably tho...just some things to look for

I would probably save up a while longer and get an 06 but if thats not an option do what the other guys said, check the chain, sprockets tires, and if the guy has nothing to hide either he may show you/or let you check the valves, but that probably isnt neccesary

A used bike is a used bike. $3500 at the most....and that's pushing it. I sold an 05 CRF250R ridden maybe 5 times for $3850 and that was back in 05.