Sign in to follow this  

Hills

Hey i recentaly got back from riding up in the smokies and it was tuff the only prob was the hills (steep wet and rocky )i only fell on one but i want to perfect it and i didnt really fall it was like when i was riding my back wheel sliped out from behind me and i restarted and walked my bike up what am i doing wrong?

you shoud be standing in attack position and keep your momentum. Keep your feet on the outside of the pegs and keep your elbows up to maintain balance. Roll your feet slightly forward on the pegs so that they "push" you up the hill and so the bike can pivot about you feet to absorb the uneven terrain below you.

Also look ahead at your destination and not at the lines you don't want to take, by looking at certain things usually tends to steer you right into them.

like he said, its all momentum. some people will creep up on the hill and then speed up. if you fall in the hill, pick your bike up and go to the bottom and try again. the faster you go, the eiser. GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

Looking up and out also helps your balance. Your inner ear is affected adversely when you look down and it is one of the key components in good balance. :thumbsup: