Sign in to follow this  

hare scramble

Whats a good bike for hare scrambles in the southeast yz125 or yz250f or wr250 or ttr250 :thumbsup:

DEFINATELY NOT THE TTR!! there too big, heavy, and slow. the 125 isnt bad but my choice is the 250F. but if it is sandy down where you are the 125 might be better, just from what i hear. GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

maybe not that expencive but alot and i wanna keep two strokes allive until i get a job in about a year and then its a new yz250f but gettin a new bike in a few weeks and need help

Go for the yz250. Its a lot of bike, easy to ride, light and nimble, and easy/cheap to rebuild.

The wr and yzf are basically the same because you will end up making a yzf more like a wr and a wr more like a yzf. The ttr is not an option so then its either a 125 or the 250 4-stroke. Pick the one you are the fastest on. Remember though that you will be racing against other bikes that are like yours. For instance you might be a little faster on a 2-stroke 250 than a 125 but the best riders are typically in the 250 class. As for the 4-stroke classes I believe that size isn't a factor so you will be racing against the 400's and 450's. At least thats the way it used to be. As for going against the 450's you should have a big advantage most of the time unless the track is wide and fast.

i like ridng my 250f better, but handsdown, a 125 will beet it through the woods. and if its sandy, i would defiantely take a thumpoer over a smoker, jsut because of the power that they make, but if you want to be competitve, and not get tired after a hard ride, go with the 125, i made the switch, use the 125 for harescrambles, and 250f for MX.

0k now my dad wants to sell my bike and hes getting a 450f im stuck with his ttr 230 so ill sell it and get a yz 125 put some new gearing on it bark busters skid plate and ill prob still beat him in a trail race but its good cause my bike would only have brought 1500 and if i sell his prob 2200 so it works out :ride::thumbsup:

I vote for the yz 2 stroke. I have a yz250 2 stroke and ride tracks and trails. I have a skid plate and bark busters for the woods. I love this bike and I like it for the hare scrambles, it's alot of fun, you just need to use throttle control. Let us know what you get. Where are you in SC, I'm in Mount Pleasant. :thumbsup:

im in the upstate i here there are some sick trails down there their is a trail somewhere near charlston and had an enduro race there back near may somewhere down there

im in the upstate i here there are some sick trails down there their is a trail somewhere near charlston and had an enduro race there back near may somewhere down there

There about 40 miles of trails in the Francis Marion Forrest in Awendaw, it is called the Wambaw Motorcycle Trail. I think they were supposed to have a hare scramble back in April. The trails are pretty challenging, all sand and whooped up pretty good.

http://www.motocrosstracks.net/trackdb/view.php?ID=808