Sign in to follow this  

drz 400 sm 2006

Hi folks!

I'm just brand new on the TT site and it's incredible. The best site to have answers to my questions! :cry:

My Sm just have 300km but i'm already loocking to upgrade it. I read many posts and the basics seems to be the 3x3, jetting, full pipe and Fcr carb. :ride:

My question is which combo must i've to do to pull out the more hp without comprimising the noise.(cops are very stiff on the pipes) :ride::thumbsup:

1- full muzzy/full yosh pipe, 3x3, k&n filter and jetting.

2- keep original exhaust, 3x3, k&n filter, fcr carb and jetting.

One last question, is that true that if i order a fcr carb i won't receive it until xmas??? :ride:

Thanks for the answers!!!

Stick with the stock exhaust for least noise. GET the FCRMX and do the 3x3 at that time. If I could recover most of the money I spent on the full system, I would go back to stock exhaust. Uncorked it is RUDE. Corked is same as stock except for sound.

Thanks for the answer.

So you think that i might keep my sm bone stock, order the frc conversion kit from TT store and then, when i'll receive it (probably this winter) :thumbsup: , do the 3x3 mod and the k&n filter???

Wish that i could do something by waiting this baby carb :ride:

As i see, from now to when i'll receive the fcr i've to run it full stock. :ride::cry::ride:

Life's hard!!!

At the very minimum, do the 3x3 and get the DynoJet kit from the tt store. The kit makes a significant difference of the stock jets and shit.

The Dynojet kit is a nice boost over stock. Depends on the wait factor for the FCR. And if that kit just sitting there, in a box, in your stocker carb, bugs ya after you hang the FCR. :thumbsup: