Sign in to follow this  

Hmmm, what did I do wrong (installing new grips)

After following all the excellent TT advice, and the info from the dealer...

I am switching out the grips on our new KDX. I got the glue on, went to slide the grip onto the throttle...all is going well...get it seated (big smiles to myself) started cleaning up...SH*T!!!! I start getting splits length wise on the grip. I know someone will ask, "did you put the right grip on the right side?", I am sure I did, the grip with the slightly larger hole is the throttle...Did I over stretch it sliding it on??? I am using the same brand grips, same brand glue, that I used to install grips on mine and my daughter's bike....Big questions all around :thumbsup::ride:

Thanks in advance!!!

Possibly you tore them when putting them on, but what kind of grips are they?

The grips tore after you put them on? I dought they would rip even if you had them on backwards... hmmm i think this case has just been sloved.

You must have bought them from a quad rider because those grips are GAY! :thumbsup:

... hmmm i think this case has just been sloved.

You must have bought them from a quad rider because those grips are GAY! :thumbsup:

Well i am not sure about that, but i am sure that i got your case figured out....

Your a DUMBASS :ride:

Oh, and about your grips.... I have no clue what could have happened. I suggest getting ODI grips that require no glue. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you got a bad set of grips, what kind and style were they?

You probably pushed them on to the bar too far and the ends ripped :thumbsup:

well, a good way to do it is heat them up so they can stretch without to much stress being put on them, thats what i do and i use my air compressor and it works great.

They are Scott brand grips the clear and black ones don't have the model # :thumbsup:

Did you put the grip on the wrong side? :thumbsup: ive done that a few times...I was wondering why it wouldnt go on easily..haha it ripped it in a few places.