Sign in to follow this  

Singletrack in the Mountains Near Flagstaff

Awesome riding this weekend a bit north of Flagstaff,Arizona.Very cool,and lotsa rain.We rode from 8,000 to almost 10,000 feet.Lots and lots of great trails.

Photos

Go through Flag,and head north to Snowbowl,about 6 miles out of town head off to the east on schultz Pass Road.It is clearly marked and is about 3 miles past the old locomotive on the right side of the road.Go down Schultz Pass Road past the last homes and then about another 4 or 5 miles and you are in the general area.I can send you gps data with some of the trails if you like....Tom

I am going up that way on the 10th with a couple riding buddies and their familys. We are brinbing our bikes. Is thier enough room out there for RVs? It would be good if you PM me the GPS numbers for the area and the trails.

Our buddy was up there with a trailer,the roads in are graded and unless raining at the time very good.Check out this link and map page,it is a well kept secret and this has info on the spot we were at:

Linky

Check out this link and map page,it is a well kept secret and this has info on the spot we were at:

Linky

It's not a well kept secret now.

The map page is a well kept secret,not the riding spot.....The riding spot is not new,it is on several trail guides etc.....dude....

The map page is a well kept secret,not the riding spot.....The riding spot is not new,it is on several trail guides etc.....dude....

In looking at your pics, you might like to build a fire ring around your fire next time....even though it's raining you should still build a fire the proper way to help prevent forest fires.....dude :thumbsup:

In looking at your pics, you might like to build a fire ring around your fire next time....even though it's raining you should still build a fire the proper way to help prevent forest fires.....dude :applause:

Very nice picture! Thanks for sharing. :ride: Although raining out there I couldn't agreed more with BikeDestroyer. Please, please be careful with fire in the forest in the future. :applause: And be gentle on the trails when is wet...trail can get easily damage when is wet. :thumbsup:

Jinny

Wow,BD,you're kinda pissy....I am an old school backpacker and was always taught never to build a fire ring.After a few months of rain and wind there will be no trace of that fire. A fire ring stays for a long time. Also,there was 0 risk,at the time, of causing a forest fire.To each his own.

*Edit* I see what got you riled about,you're a GIRL! Really,no offense meant when I said dude,it was just a stupid assumption I made.....Tom *Edit over*

Tom

Tom,

BD may be a girl but I wouldn't advise you to mess with her on the trail. :applause:

You may end up with tire tracks on your jersey if you piss her off!!! :applause:

corky :ride::thumbsup::applause:

Never intended to piss her off,but I sure would like to ride with her! Whadda ya say,BD? My apologies, dudette!

P.S. I enjoyed the reading on the trials riding,I need to try that someday.....

hey Tom where do ya live? I've trying to find places like this for months, ever since I went riding in Colorado. PM me and maybe we can go riding some time. That goes for all the AZ riders :thumbsup:

BTW nice pics!

Tom,

You didn't piss me off....as long as you are riding on legal trails and not burning the forest down I'm ok with you. Anytime you want to go ride let me know....after summer if the ride is in the valley and anytime up north.

The original link to the photos is not working anymore.

Still got these photos?

I have tons of family in Flagstaff and was just there this last weekend.

Can't wait to bring the bikes there.

Photos?????

Nice Pics there man, I grew up riding and racing in AZ, every year ADRA held a race out there in the cinders, you need a shot from the BOTTOM of hundred dollar hill to help others truly appreciate the appcomplishment of that pic from the top. :lol:

Camp wood is awesome, I swear every year it gets rockier and nastier. love it!:confused: