Sign in to follow this  

Help with Boots!

I'm looking to get a pair of boots to replace the hiking boots that I've been wearing (my shins look like they've been beaten w/an ugly stick). I want to get something flexible with an off-road (not MX) sole. I ride tight trails and steep climbs when I'm off-road, so I need protection! But here's the kicker ... I have super-wide feet! Any boot recommendations from fellow "paddle-foot" TT'ers?

I usually wear 12's. I bought size 13 Fox Trackers and they are OK. I have the strap acrooss the foot part all the way out. II have reasonably wide feet EE.

They also come in an AAAATV sole. I got mine for $120 OTD

I recently bought a pair of Thor Quadrant boots that seem to fit really well. Just as an fyi when I buy shoes I usually get new balance in the size 13 4E.

I also tried on a pair of 13's in the msr's. They were actually to big: to wide and tall (described as the soles of my feet left the bottom of the shoe in order to have the top of my foot touch the top of the inside of the boot).

Good luck,

Greg

My Thor Quadrants with the ATV sole are comfy and work great. i paid $103.00 shipped to my door. i would like to try the ARC mx220v on for size, they look like a great boot for the $.

Personally, my first choice would be the standard C.G. issued "low-quarters". Great traction for the slippery mud up at Kahuku! My second choice would be to go out and get an extra-wide pair of "slippahs"....

Another podiatricly challanged rider here. I also wear the New Balance 4E, mine in a size 12. But my wide feet are not the end of the story... my calves are XXX large and I'm sure I'll have a hard time finding new boots that fit. I'd love to hear from any other "big boys" who have found a boot for a EEEE wide foot and manly calves. (yes I need to drop a few dozen pounds, but even at 200 when they say I'm looking too thin, my calves are still big. The fat is not in the calves, they are hard as a rock) I've never been able to find a snow ski boot that fits or a MX boot that fits. Currently have Gaerne boots with "extender" latches. Used to be able to wear the old Hi Point all leather boots on the last hole in the upper straps.

Shoeless in Seattle...

u can get fly talons on ebay for 120, thats a steal, they are every bit as nice as tech 8s