Sign in to follow this  

how much horsepower????

i was wondering how much horse power a drz400s has.. i was looking at this site and it showed the drz400s had 40hp and a drz400e had 50hp... does anyone know the real horsepower of the S and the E model.... is it possible the E model has that much more power or it the site full of shit?? the site was www.bikez.com thanks

Do a search, burned errrr eddie has posted probably close to a hundred different runs of different drzs with different mods

That is all manufacturers BS, sorry, claims. The numbers they spout can be used as a comparison between 2 bikes from an individual manufacturer. The numbers claimed usually are straight off the output drive of the motor without any drivetrain drag or gearing accounted for.

I wonder if those high numbers are supposed to be at the crank? Anyone know what the S and E actually are putting out at the crank.

That place must be like the wikipedia of bikes... I was looking at Honda Magna info and they were tons of incorrect thing... even varainces between years. [1994-2003 the only change was color] Almost looks like anyone can type up whatever the heck they want about the bikes.