Sign in to follow this  

A Street in Peris

Does anybody know if you can still ride there or is it all closed down? I took my kids there a couple times and it was a good time. Tracks are getting expensive and we need a change of pace. The closest place to go is Oco Wells but we cant go there till October. Any info would be appreciated.

Its never really been legal out there. I used to live over there in Quail Valley and we road out or garage. But they are building a ton of house all over that area. And every now and then the Cops come around and write tickets. They just wait around the trucks till you come back. Some time they ride around on quads.

It is illegal to ride out there but I have never been ticketed and I have even talked to cops out there on several occasions. Be careful if you do ride out there. The cops told us one time that there has been a truckload of guys that go out there with guns and steal bikes and quads. The same day the cop told us that we seen the guys driving out there with a flatbed truck with a lift gate as we were loading up to leave and I haven't been back since.

Wow! I used tolive in Quail Valley too. I lived in the house directly behind the car wash. i used to ride back there too. heck we used to go all the way to Perris and to 74 and back. There was also some great hill climbs on the west side of Canyon lake. That's too bad they are shutting it down. When I moved away about 7 years ago I went back to visit and they had posted signs saying that you must have an approved spark arrestor.

If I am not mistaking, that is all BLM land and is or was open to riding.

Yea the area along the lake is BLM but alot out there is private also especially over by Peris. and they have enlarge the area around kabian park. cause last time my son I went out there the Ranger ran us out up at the end of Utah. I use to Live on Cassandera. That was about 10years ago, but lived there about 18 years. LOTS of changes

Yea the area along the lake is BLM but alot out there is private also especially over by Peris. and they have enlarge the area around kabian park. cause last time my son I went out there the Ranger ran us out up at the end of Utah. I use to Live on Cassandera. That was about 10years ago, but lived there about 18 years. LOTS of changes

Wow! Small world. I relocated up to the Sacramento area. I really miss riding down my street to go riding. I used to ride on Metzgers track and wonder how the heck he got around it so fast. It was at the end of Manzana st. There is some great riding there and some fantastic catfishing at night there too. I don't miss the heat though.

I moved to Perris a couple of years ago. I'm in the new houses next to the airport. Goetz Road by the river is a popular staging area. That area is off limits but the cops don't seem to bust people very often as long as your not doing anything stupid. Cops in Perris have better things to do then worry about then off-roaders. Because of the new houses, there are a lot of complaints about noise and dust. If enough tax payers complain it will get shut down for real. I have heard of home owners swing bats a kids doing donuts to close to the houses. I even heard that one guy burried a couple of 2x4's with nails in them. So, please stay away from the houses.

I still ride back there. I cruise nice and slow until I'm past the neighborhood. There are fun trails through the hills and to Canyon Lake. I can't see making a day trip out of it, but it's a fun place to get in a morning or afternoon ride.

Ya I moved to Hemet about six years ago. But still go back out here and ride now and then. We usually go in by Quail Valley and 4 wheel it down to the lake and park. That way we can get in and get wet when its this hot. Still a cool plce to go now and then lot of off camber stuff on the hills around the lake. We stay away from Perris area to many new houses and I do know some friends who have been ticketed over there. We also used to ride Metzgers track. Those were the good old Days. There were some wild step ups and big Kicker Metz had just off Goetz right below Huff and Puff. Not any more just new houses there. Canyon Hills tract. I was just over ther yesterday work on a roof it over looked the Valley brought back alot of old memories.