Sign in to follow this  

Best sand tire that doesnt wear out

Im looking for a tire, im no rich kid, 15 years old with out a job yet. I have a completely chewed tire and get no traction in the deep sand of Gopher Dunes up here in Canada. I bet a paddletire would be good but isnt that overdoing it? I also ride some hard pack so I dont want the tire to rip apart again. What is your personal favourite tire?

No rich kid?? What are you smokin? Your were going to buy works suspension!!JK

The Michelin MS3 is great for sand and is pretty bad on hardpack. And wears great you could probably get like 50 hours on it. But if you were to ride hardpack more than sand, I would say the MH3 for sure. The MH3 is good for sand but REALLY great for hardpack.

I love the Pirelli MT44 Lagunacross. They have discontinued this tire, but distributers have lots in stock still.

It is a great tire for sand, loose gravel and mud. It wears great too, I used them on my KX500, and that thing ate tires.

That works suspension was something that I could have bought and sold for the same price, thats the only reason I looked into it. But I didnt buy, because I didnt have the money.

Anyone?

MH3 or Southwick? The dealer has a Southwick in stock right now, should I get it, or will it tear apart on clay?