Sign in to follow this  

Which year?

Hey guys,

I'm a long time street rider / road racer.. Picked up a DRZ400SM to ride on the street and am almost convinced to sell my 600RR racebike..

I'm hoping to purchase a CRF450R to be a fun dirt bike as I've never ridden in the dirt before, and a SM race machine..

What year is the best to go for?? I can't buy brand new because I just can't afford it.. So far I've been told '04s or '05s.. Also is there a general buying guide for MX bikes?? I really don't know much about them.. how many hours are too many?? What kind of maintenance should be done etc...

Any advice / information will be highly appreciated..

thanks,

tawheed

Hey guys,

I'm a long time street rider / road racer.. Picked up a DRZ400SM to ride on the street and am almost convinced to sell my 600RR racebike..

I'm hoping to purchase a CRF450R to be a fun dirt bike as I've never ridden in the dirt before, and a SM race machine..

What year is the best to go for?? I can't buy brand new because I just can't afford it.. So far I've been told '04s or '05s.. Also is there a general buying guide for MX bikes?? I really don't know much about them.. how many hours are too many?? What kind of maintenance should be done etc...

Any advice / information will be highly appreciated..

thanks,

tawheed

defiantly 05's + buy as new as you can .