Sign in to follow this  

easier clutch pull

on my 2002 yz250f i find it very hard to pull the clutch lever in compared to my ttr125l. is there any way i can get the clutch on my yz250f too feel as easy as my ttr125l? it has stock clutch lever right now.

thanks

make sure there are no kinks in the cable and maybe u should lube the cables. u could always get a hydraluic clucth.

Lube the cable. Clutch pull is pretty light on my WR, shouldn't be hard on a YZ I don't think. The clutch springs on a YZ may be stiffer than on a TTR, but should still be an easy 1 or 2 finger pull.

ill try lubing the cables. would getting another clutch lever or whole new setup like an asv help at all?

Yes, you can get clutch leavers that have different pull ratio.

Try lubing the cable first!!!!!

try replacing the cable. i have the same problem and have been meaning to do that. Thanks for reminding me!! GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

I found out of all the dirtbikes i have seen and used, my ttr125L has the easiest clutch lever of them all, i wouldnt expect your bike to be as easy to clutch...

Drill a second hole in the lever. It makes for a much easier pull and costs less than a hyd or moose

You could try lengthening the clutch actuator arm or use one from the 400f.

on my 2002 yz250f i find it very hard to pull the clutch lever in compared to my ttr125l.

when i was growing up (hey don't laugh at the stone age) my parents said i could not ride my Gurelli Bronco until i could pull in the clutch with my left hand. took me a long time to get to where i could pull the left lever on that 50cc. however, that 50cc also had a 4 spd tranny and would do 60mph (indicated on dads f100).

that said, maybe you are not ready for the yz250f yet.

not being able to adaquately operate the controls is a serious safety hazard.

that said, maybe you are not ready for the yz250f yet.

not being able to adaquately operate the controls is a serious safety hazard.

i can operate the clutch lever no problem. it would just be nice if it was easier to pull so my left forearm wouldnt get so pumped up. i got a new lever today and it helped a little. but i think i just need a new cable. i bought the bike used about 8 months ago and have never lubed the cable :thumbsup: when you buy a new cable, does it come already lubed and cut to length??

don't lube with chain oil - it'll attract all sorts of gunk. try WD40 or very light grade of machine oil.

when you buy a new cable, does it come already lubed and cut to length??
Get a teflon lined cable like a venhill, that way you never have to lube it.