Sign in to follow this  

Kenda tires

whats the deal with Kenda tires? are they all they are cracked up to be, or are the just like the run of the mill tires? do they last longer or something? and what is the big advantage between getting Kenda or any other great brand of tire and getting a $30 (CDN) tire? so tell me tter's. whats so good about them?

Kendas suck compared to other brands like Michelin. My friend bought a new millville kenda for 130$(cdn) and i got a Michelin MH3 for 120$(cdn). After one ride the kenda tire was already half worn! Mine still looked new, the sharp edges only got a bit worn. I think my friend got ripped off and he said he will never buy another kenda (he was pissed lol).

AUS has had them for years and id agree they are a good tire for the money 250cc down

anything over that they are not so good, personal opinion..

Kendas suck compared to other brands like Michelin. My friend bought a new millville kenda for 130$(cdn) and i got a Michelin MH3 for 120$(cdn). After one ride the kenda tire was already half worn! Mine still looked new, the sharp edges only got a bit worn. I think my friend got ripped off and he said he will never buy another kenda (he was pissed lol).

yes he was ripped off

This is total BS. I bought a Millville for $30.00 US and rode with it on one of the rockiest, nastiest, single track areas on the east coast and the tire chunked really badly. The Millville is a soft to medium terrain tire. I bought the wrong tire for where I was riding.

I emailed Kenda and the young lady that I spoke to overnighted me a brand new Carlsbad which I have probably 15 - 20 rides on and it's almost like new. Not only are the tires very inexpensive, they wear great and they hook up great in the right terrain. Kenda stands behind their products and the products are of very high quality.

i ran a carlsbad on my XR 600 weez and id have to say i was very happy also, not taking anything away from kenda..they are a good tire but i find the 525 tears them up on rocky tarain

whats the deal with all these highlighted brands? am i missing something, or is this site a sponsors dream?

i ran a carlsbad on my XR 600 weez and id have to say i was very happy also, not taking anything away from kenda..they are a good tire but i find the 525 tears them up on rocky tarain

A 525 will tear up any tire though. :thumbsup:

I like the Kenda 760 TrackMaster II rear tire. (The 760 TMII front sucks.)

Worked great with a Pirelli MT18 front.

I'm luke warm on the Millvilles, mainly due to the hard terrain I have used them on. The Millville rear has a very tall profile compared to the square profile 760 TMII.

Had a Carlsbad "sticky" on the back and a Buds Creek "sticky" on the front for a PA wet and rocky enduro and they really where bad news. Had to go to 8lbs in the rear to get traction and got a flat :thumbsup: