Sign in to follow this  

torque with planned mods

I have an 03S with 3x3, k&n, Muzzy full system and stock gearing. I ride exclusively on the street. I'm in the process of installing an fcr (with "burned" recommended jetting) and stage 1 hot cam with E exhaust. I'm a little worried about torque with this combination, given the lower compression of my S engine. My 01E with stage one hot cam does great, but I'm wondering if ill get similar results with my S.

Any Thoughts?

You will be happy with the results even with the S comprerssion (11.3 is not exactly low) but as long as you are doing the rest of the kit, why not put in the E base gasket for 12.2? Normally I am not a fan of using the E gasket but that is because people want to do just the gasket without doing the rest of the mods. I think with the cams and carb and EX, you will want the E gasket too unless you can't buy good 91 gas.

im lazy I guess.....i just didnt want to pull the whole top end apart...its a much bigger job than just pulling the cam cover, I assume......I may save it for winter

Well, it will give you a change to compare and evaluate to mods with the stock compression. You can always do it later on if you want.

Changing the base gasket will give you a good excuse to put a fresh set of rings in there.