Sign in to follow this  

Longer rear shock

Hi there, I have a thumpstar and the standard rear shock is pooh!! It has shat itself and I can't be bothered fixing it. I have the chance to buy a cheap shock, yet better than the original, to get me going until I can get something more bling but the new shock is approx 20mm longer in the eye to eye length, 290 ver 270. I'm thinking it won't matter to much but would like your thoughts on the matter. Oh yeah, recommendations on a replacement would be great, i'm about 220lbs with gear if it matters. Cheers in advance.

Hi there, I have a thumpstar and the standard rear shock is pooh!! It has shat itself and I can't be bothered fixing it. I have the chance to buy a cheap shock, yet better than the original, to get me going until I can get something more bling but the new shock is approx 20mm longer in the eye to eye length, 290 ver 270. I'm thinking it won't matter to much but would like your thoughts on the matter. Oh yeah, recommendations on a replacement would be great, i'm about 220lbs with gear if it matters. Cheers in advance.

are u askin will it fit or our opinion on a 20mm longer shock?

go to the other section, this is for hondas.

they will know more about your knockoff.

potential problems..

increased angle of swingarm causing the slider to wear prematurely, stinkbug effect, and poor handling