Sign in to follow this  

Anyone out ther ridden a late model CR500 2t? Yeeeeehhaaa!!

Rode a 2004 CR500AF yesterday. Wow. What the hell are you supposed to do with all that power? Tow a caravan? I thought I'd be clever and open her up in 1st, dunno what hit me but in a millisecond I landed up on my ass with a red mudguard in my mouth! Anyone out ther ridden one?!

Got a 2002 CRF aluminum frame with a 2001 motor (last year Honda made the CR500R complete bike)(see my garage). No, you don't whack the throttle in first gear. :ride: In most cases, you ride the bike 1 gear higher than you would a CR250 to help control the power or it can bite you; especially if you aren't experienced. But, once you learned what to do with the power, you become addicted. :thumbsup:

I got the opportunity to ride one of these animals in it's natural habitat-the dunes with a paddle tire-wow. :ride:

Other than that, there is no known use for these monsters unless you're the size of that prisoner from The Green Mile, or have mad skills, in which case you're already on a factory ride.

:cry:

While I didn't flp it over, I did notice that front tire wear would be nil, while rears might have a quite short life span. :thumbsup:

I've always wanted a 500 2 stroke for the dunes and recently a good deal came along that I couldn't pass up. Since I sold my Vmax the CR500 replaces my need for ridiculous acceleration.

Other than that, there is no known use for these monsters unless you're the size of that prisoner from The Green Mile, or have mad skills, in which case you're already on a factory ride.

I'm neither of those and handle mine just fine, even in the woods.

:thumbsup:

I am 6' tall and 240lbs. Do you think a 500 R would be a fit? I have always wanted one for river riding and dunes. A 250 feels a little small and to easily thrown around. I am getting a 1987 125R just farting around the yard with mostly cause it was free.

I have never rode one but we parked next to a guy that had a brand new CR500AFX this part saturday. I must say that was probably the best stock looking bike I have ever seen. A CR500 motor in a CRF250X frame :ride::thumbsup:.

I have the CR tall and also running the bar risers :thumbsup:

Also have fastway pegs in the lower postion, that's about it.. unless you know of something else???

I have the CR tall and also running the bar risers :thumbsup:

Also have fastway pegs in the lower postion, that's about it.. unless you know of something else???

can't think of anything else. How tall are you ? It's just when you stand up in the pic it's looks like your crunched down alot. Looks like the bars need too go forward quite a bit also.

Yes a ridiculous motorcycle

Why honda made it is beyond me you may as well take a walk down a crappy neighbouhood alley and get you ass handed to you by a bunch of thugs :thumbsup:

Have ridden a CR500 a couple times its an education i was unable to keep it straight nor the frontwheel on the floor needless to sas i fell like a stone every 60Seconds, :cry: all in all over-powered unless you are doing a desert ride with a sand tyre and you have some sort of wish to go sonic

Alternatively extend the swingarm and there you have it the most disrespectful hill climber on the planet :ride:

Final thought - instead of honda developing that they should have employed more people in their VALVE manufacturing dept. :ride:

6'3" The only other bars that may be slightly taller is the Henry or windham bend. Also i like to get my head over the triple clamps when on the gas.

can't think of anything else. How tall are you ? It's just when you stand up in the pic it's looks like your crunched down alot. Looks like the bars need too go forward quite a bit also.

I'd just rotate the bars forward a bit.

ya im 6'6 215. try finding a bike that fits me!!!!

Yep your a big man!

KTM 525

High bend bar + Bar Raiser

One of our Possie is 7.1 thats his ride and he is over the moon !!

Good luck with your decision

I'm 6'3" Down To 190lbs,, Used To Be 268lbs When I Played Ball!

Wow cool man....how did you do it? I am 6'3" around 230# ....would love to be at 200# or so....would really help me throw around my 500AF !!!

Shawn, it is from this weekends PR day :thumbsup: right before my water pump seal blew. already replaced it and prolly gonna just change my rings and head gasket. Hopefully i didn't warp my head, the cylinder has some marks but no serious scratches. A $3 seal :cry:

Rode Matt334's KX250f the rest of the day. :ride: