Re-Painted Pit Bike

Is that cheaper than new plastic's?I've seen some here on ebay for $29.00 plus $10.00 to ship.The person who sold me my bike will get me a set for $35.00.There probally cheap knock-off's,but aren't ther just for look's?I mean beside's the one over the exhaust.

As a qualified professional painter I would have to say that it IS possible to paint plastic, and for it to stay on there. You just have to take all of the right steps. I'm not sure how much you researched it, but just throwing on primer, paint and a clear coat, even if it's automotive paint, will not cut it. You will start chipping it right away. I use additives to my paint to make it flexible enough to allow bending with the plastic (in case of a crash) and also a high bond coating on the plastic before I even primer it. A good top coat clear is also a must.

Like I said, not sure if you approached it like this, but to everyone who says it can't be done, it actually can. You just have to know how.

I did follow the steps I was given by the guy at the paint shop,

1. Sand & add some under coat (etching) paint

2. Plastic paint with sanding in between each coat.

3. Some clear varnish?? that he gave me, to add as a final coat.

Just experimenting, if it doesn't work will buy a new set of plastics from ebay.