Sign in to follow this  

1st ride carnage

You could try, but I doubt you would get anywhere...

I'd start looking for a talented welder whose versed in aluminum.

the dealership will most likey say its from terrain impact and deny it.

So what was it from anyway?

Same thing happened to me on my '02 450R. A local weld shop fixed it no-prob.

Now you see why the pros don't run the metal cage around the guide.

Impacted a 10-15 lbs rock straight on as guide is disigned, but welds were a little light.

The dealer has been very good so far. Bike is (2) weeks old. No warranty on dirt bikes apparently.

Most likily it'll end up tig welded.

would a '03 CRF 450 R swing arm work for my '05 CRF 450 X?

They are slightly different part numbers.

When you're done fixing the swingarm, call us and buy one of these:

http://brpit.com/images/prod_images/chain_guides/cg_main_450x285_07.jpg

I toasted a few stock chain guides and this solved the problem. :thumbsup: It's machined from a slick nylon material, so it doens't require a rubber block and it comes w/ a 1 year guarantee against breakage. :ride:

Impacted a 10-15 lbs rock straight on as guide is disigned, but welds were a little light.

The dealer has been very good so far. Bike is (2) weeks old. No warranty on dirt bikes apparently.

Most likily it'll end up tig welded.

Hmm.... looks just like my bike did with around 5 hours on it. A 2 year old can do better than the factory welds.

CRFmotor276.jpg

After-

CRFmotor282.jpg

Go with the TM Designs. It's been bulletproof for me and I've hit some rocks hard with it many times.

I had a BRP and trashed it within a month. One good hit and it deformed the holes and twisted it.

You sure about that? When I bought my 05 X in January (picked it up in March) I had a six month warranty on it. Seems strange to me. I know there's no warranty on the CRF-R's, but I'm sure there is one for the CRF-X's (because they're designated Trail Bikes). Anybody else have this issue?

Yeah I just checked again No warranty on my bike.. But if my tranny takes a dump I guarantee they will fix it.=).. I'm fairly persusuasive... I had to replace a damned radiator after my second ride(they did give me a 10% discount though=).. Works Connection braces and MSR radiator giuards and it's bulletproof now..