Sign in to follow this  

never lend out your DR!!!!

The worst feeling I have had in a while was watching my buddy lock up the back tire on gravel and the bike do a nice little slide down the ditch. I was behind him on my dads quad, and saw the hole thing go down. Oh well I guess, the main thing is he is ok :thumbsup: . He has some road rash but he will live to ride another day. The bike was not to bad. The brake lever is bent and the rear brake pedal was the worst. That big huge rack from ebay, saved my signal light, and nothing else took any damage thank god. Thought that I would just like to tell my story, have a great day everybody. :ride:

That big huge rack from ebay, saved my signal light, and nothing else took any damage thank god.

How do you like that rack? It obviously came in handy on your friend's fall (sorry), but otherwise, do you like it? Once installed, is it pretty solid, or does it rattle at all?

How do you like that rack? It obviously came in handy on your friend's fall (sorry), but otherwise, do you like it? Once installed, is it pretty solid, or does it rattle at all?

I have the same rack. Very well made very solid when installed. It can be removed in about five minutes if it need be. I would buy another.

I'm pretty free about letting other people ride my bike. (not random stranger or anything) I remember once seeing one of my old riding buddies after moving away. I had a DR350. He wanted to take it for a spin since he had never ridden anything even close to a dualsport. We were in a parking lot, he reved it hard and took off. Went about 80 feet then a car started to back up and he lost the front end trying to brake and swerve at the same time. Luckily he hurt and he was amazed that he only did about $8 of damage. He told me that could have been $100 easy (or much more) on his lowrider.

I second that on the rack! It makes an inexpensive crash guard for the rear and is very functional for commuting or camping. Very solid and well-designed! Looks great, too!

The rack is great, I think that it is the best out there, and it holds a ton of crap. Easy to install and it did not even bend when this crash took place. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback on the rack, everyone! :thumbsup: Looks like I'll be purchasing one soon!

My buddy ran a turn wide and dropped mine last month. Damn bike was like new before that, now I've got a dented tank, broken rear turn signal and lots of scratches. My buddy is OK, just feels bad about it. I told him it needed some battle scars anyway, it made me look like a poser with how clean it was before. Now I feel like I can really have some fun on it without the worry. The good thing for me was we had just switched bikes too, 10 minutes earlier he was on my 919.