Sign in to follow this  

Ufo Rear fender

Ok so I have brocken my blinkers probably four times and i've only ridden my bike five times. I was wondering if the ufo rear all in one fender was any good and if it's easy to install. Oh and also where to buy it.

Yup

I have done this too and it is good stuff. I like how bayou cut the fender part that is dope.

Since i put mine on i have yet to swap the bulbs to make the blinking normal from insanely fast as it is now. Anyone know which bulbs i need to get to do that?

I have done this too and it is good stuff. I like how bayou cut the fender part that is dope.

Since i put mine on i have yet to swap the bulbs to make the blinking normal from insanely fast as it is now. Anyone know which bulbs i need to get to do that?

I dont think it's the bulbs- I think you need a resistor.

GE921 I got mine a WalMart for a couple of bucks. You will need to enlarge the opening (i used a dremel tool) where the bulbs go in but they will then flash normally and be MUCH brighter too. :thumbsup:

taken from

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/suzuki/drz400su.asp

you can go to Radio Shack and purchase the halogen lamp for automotive use, part #272-1177

scroll down to "taillight"

Get teh EDGE tail light from Wheeling Cycle

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/Y-a-4NHwBHEAAAeEoekAAAAW-47694.jpg

And this frame with blinkers. http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=10640&gift=False&mscssid=1CC9393544174559A9692CDE1524914D

You will have to make a bracket to hold the frame as the Edge has Jap spec holes. I will make an oversized bracket with tabs that bend back with holes for a place to attach my bungees.

I have a new "inner fender" laid out from 1/8" black sintra to keep the mud off th back of everything.

I like Goebz's idea for the bling factor, but the UFO unit is probably more durable. I've had the UFO on my 450X for 15 months now, and I've laid the bike over a few times. Everything's still workin' great.

The UFO rear fender might not be the sexiest unit out there but it sure is tough. Mines been laid down, flipped over, run into and generally abused and it still works great :thumbsup: