Sign in to follow this  

Disability Insurance

Is there a company out there that has AFFORDABLE short term Disability Insurance that covers you if an accident occurs while RACING motorcycles? I have excellent health insurance, but no disability.

I need something that offers a minimum of $2000 per month, and pays for at least 18 months.

Phone numbers or web sites would be helpful.

I've searched the net for hours and talked on the phone to dozens of agents, but can't find a company that covers racing, other then two. One wants $380 per month for the policy, the other is only $15 per month, but only pays $600 a month in benefits. Heck, I can't live on $600 a month.

Combined www.combined.com 1-800-225-4500. I have a policy with them,saved me when I broke my wrist. only $20.oo a month.

Thanks for the reply. I called Combined and they cover motorcycle riding injuries, but are going to have to get back with me on the racing part. My brother-in-law has a Combined policy, he said he's certian they cover racers.

I also called AFLAC. No covrage at all for racing.

I've done a little informal personal survey on local racers and Disability Insurance. So far it seems like only about 10% are sure they have DI. About 40% think they are covered, but aren't sure. 50% know they aren't covered, and don't seem to care.

I am pretty sure that they cover racing.I use to race cars and I was covered. Most of my friends got a policy after they saw the money I got when I got hurt. As dangerous as this sport is, it is almost crazy not to get covered.