Sign in to follow this  

Rack for an E

I have a 2003 DRZe. There are times when I wish I had a rack for camping equipment. I did a search and all of the advice seems geared toward the S as the racks bolt to the sub-frame which the E doesn't have. Anyone have any advice for mounting a rack on an E? Are there racks made specifically for bikes without a sub-frame?

Use a rack made for the S and make or buy a sub frame added support.

I have a 2003 DRZe. There are times when I wish I had a rack for camping equipment. I did a search and all of the advice seems geared toward the S as the racks bolt to the sub-frame which the E doesn't have. Anyone have any advice for mounting a rack on an E? Are there racks made specifically for bikes without a sub-frame?

One option is SRC or Summer Racing Components that use a subframe/rack combo or Pro Moto Billet who design their rack specifically fr E's :thumbsup:

I recommend this:Subframe fix

I also have the "Billet E Rack" All these racks put quite a bit of stress on the mounting bolts. The threaded potions of my sub frame broke loose. I cut out some aluminum supports and had them welded. for more support.