Sign in to follow this  

CRF250x at Sand Mountain?

Anyone have any experience with the 250x, wr250f, or similar at Sand Mountain (Fallon, NV)? How did it do on Comp Hill, China Wall, Worm Hole? What paddle tire- 6 cup, 8 cup? Could you rip to the top of the big hills or just make it? How is your bike's motor/intake/exhaust set up? Thanks!

6 paddle. sand mountain has some gnarly climbs and youll need to be spinnin that paddle as fast as possible. as far as the climbs i dont seem alot of small bores ripping the tops. id keep the paddles to a minimum and the momentum full.

i have a kx250f and go to dumont all the time, i've never been to sand mountain so i dont know whats steeper or taller but there is no where in dumont that i cant go, but on a kx250f with white bros exhaust, and power now and a 6cup paddle tire my bike can get to the top of every dune and no one leaves me behind im just a gear taller than the 450x and 426 i usually ride with and actually those guys are alittle heavier than me but my 250f is faster than them up comp hill, they are able to go up steeper stuff than me but i've only not been able to follow them once because i couldnt make it up the face of the dune they were climbing, just keep your momentum up, thats the biggest thing

Thanks. I've got access to an 8 paddle so I'm going to give it a shot. I've got all the CCC mods done except the cam. I'll also have a Rocket Exhaust full system on at that time as well. I'm 170 lbs so hopefully that'll do. The main hill at Sand Mtn, Comp Hill, rises ~500 ft in maybe a little less than a 1/4 mile. Some steeper shorter stuff as well.