Sign in to follow this  

Inner roter now installed

iv now fitted my kitaco inner roter kit, ther seems to be a strong spark from the plug but the bike isnt starting, think its getting fuel fine, but i was thinking would it have somehting to do with setting up the timing censor, iv tried it at the very top and its not starting, anyone got any ideas

Put the sensor in the Middle to start with and I use a Match book cover to space the Rotor from each pick-up and just make sure all your connections are right. and check to make sure your ground it good (and tight)

I use a single sheet of printer paper, folded once, and make sure I can slide it between the pickup and flywheel.

The Kitaco flywheel's don't have a mark for TDC, or at least mine didn't, so it could be a timing problem. Take the head off, roll the piston to TDC by hand, and use a punch to mkark the flywheel so the marks matches a reference point on the stator plate. I used one of the bolts on the exciter coil as my reference point.

Put the head back on, make sure your new timing mark is lining up, install the cam sprocket, covers, etc, and see if it fires up.

start simple did you ground the ignition box???? is every thing wired correctly just chack all the small shit before you go tearin ass off into your motor

yeah everything seems fine, iv ask around some other fourms are no one has got a clue, me as well, its getting a spark, the ground is good, valve clearences are fine, its getting fuel, ther was a thread about 3 weeks ago and some guy said that he had the kitaco irc and said that it hade a weak spark or somehting, that might be wots happening to mine, is getting the super coil worth it, ther one going quite cheap on ebay, other than this i just dont have a clue wots wrong

They run fine on import and Honda OEM coils, so that won't be the cause.

You need spark, fuel, and compression to make the motor work. You've verified spark, check compression, and that you're getting fuel in the combustion chamber. Once those check out, RECHECK your timing.

Did you remember the woodruff key when you put the flywheel on? If that's missing... you'll get the symptoms you're reporting 'cause the timing is way off.

how do u mean by the woodruff key, is that the notch on the crank that the flywheel slots on to so that it springs with the crank, how do i check the compression, also the timing

ok iv taken some pics, the woodruff is pointing at the cam, the o in the cam is lined up with the notch on the head

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Yeah, the woodruff key is the half moon shaped piece of metal that goes into the slot on the crank, and 'keys' the flywheel in place.