Sign in to follow this  

dented exhaust pipe

Some weeks ago my buddy crashed into me. He had a Raptor 700. It was nice, his quad is no longer in existence. during his tumble the quad smashed into my bike damaging the yoshi pipe that I love. Do you guys know any company that can repair it. I don't want to buy a new one. Thanks

That sucks man. I got a ? tho how loud r the stock yz250f's cause everybody says they r to loud but i really cant notice. With a helmet on like what DB are they 96 is my guess

Some weeks ago my buddy crashed into me. He had a Raptor 700. It was nice, his quad is no longer in existence. during his tumble the quad smashed into my bike damaging the yoshi pipe that I love. Do you guys know any company that can repair it. I don't want to buy a new one. Thanks

Can you post a pic, maybe there are some on here that would have suggestions as to repair. If it is not mangled too bad, you may be able to straighten it. You are talking about the header pipe, right? You may be able to repair it by freezing water in it over and over again until it's shape is regained. Hope this helps,

Josh

if it is the header pipe then hose clamp some bings in either end and pressurize the pipe. then using a oxy, heat the dent and if enough heat/pressure inside the pipe is applied the dent will just pop back out.

i have never done this but i have read it in a mag

show us all a pic coz we could be more helpful then

I have a powerbomb header that always gets dents. I have a very large screw driver that has a few "custom" bends I made in it. I just heat up the dent, then insert the screw driver and tap it with a hammer. Depending on the dent, I will use the flat end or the handle end. If you are using the flat end, just be careful you don't poke a hole in it. I tried the freezing method 4 times and it didn't work for me.