Sign in to follow this  

police and fifties

Hello everyone! Right now I am pondering the philosophical question "to ride or not to ride". I feel like riding my fifty so bad that i'm having withdrawals from it. lol. And there are no tracks nearby!! Well.. reasonably nearby. PLus i don't have a truck yet and there is no suv at my disposal.. since my mom took it to work. Anyways, I plan on riding in my neighborhood and maybe to some trails that are not too far off. Anyone here have suggestions? Police are douches if i haven't already mentioned that. Not too long ago me and my friend were chiling outside and a cop rolled up to us. The cop yelled at me "I hope your not going to ride that". At that time i was ready to do what I am planning right now.

Police aren't the douches, its the jerkbag people who make this world a horrible place to live (those that bomb busses and kill innocent people, hell USA is the world police, if you wanted to have your own island with no rules, chances are America will come and ruin that for you) so anyway, because of the free will good/evil human nature of people, it is necessary to have police so that they can be douches to douches that wanna ride their 50 down the street. WHen your 50 runs into an expensive car who will pay for it? Its like when you bring candy to class you better have enough to share with everyone. There's consequences for everything, just think about for a second if everyone was allowed to ride their 50 on the street how would that affect transportation?

WHen your 50 runs into an expensive car who will pay for it? There's consequences for everything, just think about for a second if everyone was allowed to ride their 50 on the street how would that affect transportation?

My 50 wouldn't run into an expensive car. IF it would at all, it would be my fault not the dirtbikes for driving into a car. Plus, I am not talking about terrorizing the neighborhood or anything. I was planning to just ride it to at least get off the dust. Ok, if everyone had 50's that would be awesome. But woah what a response. I gotta say, i was hoping for some stories maybe, or some insightful opinions. I do realize riding dirtbikes is illegal anywhere else other than legal places which are far and few between. So anyone know the consequences of riding a 50 on neighborhood streets???

Well TECHNICALLY if it is under 49cc's it can be ridden on sidewalks legally, but police don't like it too much when you try and out smart them. I have a 50 that i ride up all the time in parking lots and stuff, and the one time the police showed up he said, "apparently someone has a problem with people having fun" haha

Well TECHNICALLY if it is under 49cc's it can be ridden on sidewalks legally, but police don't like it too much when you try and out smart them. I have a 50 that i ride up all the time in parking lots and stuff, and the one time the police showed up he said, "apparently someone has a problem with people having fun" haha

Moped rules vary state to state, non of them that I know of allow for motorized vehicles on sidewalks. Also, there is usually MUCH more to the 49cc rule, as in no gear box, less than .5 brake HP, restricted to do more than 30mph... etc. Plus minimum seat height, and an MSO that states for on road use...

In other words, 50s almost universally do NOT qualify to run on the road out of the crate in the US. Yeah it sux. I'm currently borrowing or renting trailers every chance I get to run mine. If you want to enjoy the sport, you'll find a way to do it that doesn't result in fines and loosing your 50.

Thanks for the information guys. I was just trying to look up those state laws dealing with the 49 cc engine size especially.

In other words, 50s almost universally do NOT qualify to run on the road out of the crate in the US. Yeah it sux. I'm currently borrowing or renting trailers every chance I get to run mine. If you want to enjoy the sport, you'll find a way to do it that doesn't result in fines and loosing your 50.

Yeah, in California, the rules are very strict dealing with motorized vehicles/bikes. At least that's the only thing i'm finding out right now on the web.

i ride mine around the neighbor hood lookin for places i can jump it or build a little track. i havent seen any cops yet and i would put down 100 bucks that i could lose a cop on it cause it can fit in such small places. im stuck with the same thing as u, parents gone, no truck. it sucks - i would love to get chased by a cop itd be fun hahaha :thumbsup: (im just kidding because i know people will chime in like ur an idiot) just think. itd be fun

i ride mine around the neighbor hood lookin for places i can jump it or build a little track. i havent seen any cops yet and i would put down 100 bucks that i could lose a cop on it cause it can fit in such small places. im stuck with the same thing as u, parents gone, no truck. it sucks - i would love to get chased by a cop itd be fun hahaha :ride: (im just kidding because i know people will chime in like ur an idiot) just think. itd be fun

It would be fun to see a chase on the news of some dude on a 50.. :thumbsup:

It would be fun to see a chase on the news of some dude on a 50.. :thumbsup:

i'll paypal whatever money i have in my paypal (probably 50-60 bucks) to the first person to be on TV live getting chased by the PO PO.. :ride::cry:

that would be some funny sh!t

haha that would be tight!! The guy with the fiddy would definately lose any cop with a cruiser, if there were some places to offroad. Hey perfectlytuned, where you at in cally?

imagine being a stunter, your ALWAYS battling the cops. just gotta stay one step ahead, have a good plan and MULTIPLE escape routes if worst comes to worst.

EAZY E & NWA said it best," &%$#@! the Police". There's over 12 million illegals in our country, and that cop took the time to tell you something just because you were sitting on your bike,, that sucks!! I grew up in the 70'S & 80'S and things were a lot cooler then!!! I feel sorry for the youth today ( Not the Lil Sh*Head's,, Just the Lil cool Dudes)!!!!

haha that would be tight!! The guy with the fiddy would definately lose any cop with a cruiser, if there were some places to offroad. Hey perfectlytuned, where you at in cally?

im in like rancho santa margarita/ trabuco canyon area. Where are u?

yup thas my way of seein it as well. there are so many crimes goinin that same neighborhood, yet the kid just tryin to have some fun. whodont hurt nobody gets harrased. i put up with it right now as well. dont worry...

im in like rancho santa margarita/ trabuco canyon area. Where are u?

I'm in San Diego, California. Rancho Penasquitos and that area to be more exact.

You couldn't have said it better: "EAZY E & NWA said it best," &%$#@! the Police". There's over 12 million illegals in our country, and that cop took the time to tell you something just because you were sitting on your bike,, that sucks!!"

in newhall ranch the cops don't screw with us as much, on if were riding around horses and stuff. in my home town i live right next to farm fields and i can riding for miles and not get busted, i can even ride on the roads and not get busted, it is pretty sweet.

i got pulled over and harassed by some cops, we were coming from a concert. This is what he said, have you been drinking tonight? answer- NO/ cop- what is happening over here?/ answer- there was a crosby, stills, nash, and young concert at the hollywood bow/ cop- we have bee foolowing you and you have been serving all over the road/ answer- while i didn't notice that and i am sorry/ cop

the cop was looking for a drunk and we weren't it and he just was trying **** with us

There's an episode of COPS that involves a drunk riding a Z50R (88-99). :ride: The guy gets cut off by the cop when he tries to cut through his neighbors yards. The show opening even shows a cut of that segment. :thumbsup:

wasnt on a 50, but i ran from the cops on my 250. i was ridin my bike in the lot next to my house cuz i just put on my Trail Tech, was goin like 5 mph and makin no dust and hardly any noise. cop tries following me back to my house when i was done in the lot. lets just say he was no where to be found within like 30 seconds.

yeah im bad. but i knew exactly what he was gonna do. give me some bs about riding and harrass me. i was out there for 3 min tops, not blazin back and forth. heck, i was goin so slow i was usin the clutch so i wouldnt stall.

and it all depends on the cop too. i live on a main road, and at the corner of our streets is where cops sit all the time waiting for people. well some time ill be riding my bicyel and go talk to them. one of the cops i was talkin about dirtbikes and the next thing he says to me is "go get yours lets see this thing". he was amazed at it considering he only had a drz-whatever