Sign in to follow this  

airscrew help

My bike is always bogging down outta corners so i wanted to adjust the aiscrew, If i make it leaner will that help the bogging?

That is a very vague question. Do some searching through the jetting forum and look at the "Technical Articles" to learn about jetting and adjusting the carb. Read and learn. BTW - if your bike is a four stroke it's a fuel screw because it regulates the amount of fuel that is allowed to enter the mix at idle, but if it's a 2 stroke then it is called an air screw because it regulates air.

It really depends on the bike. What is it?

4-strokes typically have fuel screws. (between the float bowl and cylinder)

2-strokes typically have air screws. (between the float bowl and airbox)

If it's a 4-stroke, rejetting will help with the bog. Typically, a bit richer helps, unless it's too rich.

However, if it is a 4-stroke and has a non-pumper carb, such as an XR, no amount of jetting will fully get rid of it. Either get a pumper carb or bump up the idle a bit.

all the air or fuel screw does on any carb auto or motorcycle is dial in the idle mixture.if it's bogging coming out of the corners try adding atooth or two to the rear sprocket to gear it down abit it'll give you alittle more yank out of the corners and off the starts to.if you need to reset your air screw the general rule of thumb is to turn the screw in until you hear the engine just start to falter and then unscrew it 1 1/2 turns out from where it faltered.good luck with it.