Sign in to follow this  

dealerships...ugh......

so im itching at the bit for a new crf250. and i just talked to my dealer about it (crossroad powersports) and they told me 5849 OTD with a $2000 down payment. the sales guy keeps trying to convince me to go with an 07, but i knew honda didnt make that many changes, and he says the bike will be a couple hundred more then the 06 and the changes they made are significant. what do you guys think? is that a good price ? and my dad makes a good point. the 06 is already a year old.. and a few years down the road when i try to sell it.. one year newer may make a difference in a couple hundred when putting a price tag on it. what do you think? go with the 06 for a few hundred less.. or the 07 and wait 3 weeks for them to hit the showroom floor :thumbsup: ? also.. anyone know any other places around NJ/ PA / DE are that might be cheaper then the price i was given? thanks.

My friend owns Service Honda and I too am itching for an 07 CRF 250. With taxes (6%), I can get one OTD for about 6100 so I would say that is a fair deal (about $5720 minus takes).

07s are here in AZ! sounds like a good OTD price for the bike not even being there yet but i dont know how much bikes cost in NJ. I would get 07. Not only will ur dad's point come into play but you will get those little extras that the 06 doesn't have.

Listen to your dad... 07 all the way.

New porting, cam, header, fixed/modded carb (AP). Better front brake. And a few other little tweaks here and there...

thanks for your help, and i think im leaning more towards the 07 after your comments and thinkin it through. i have to talk to the dealer again.. but the 5849 price was OTD for the 06... he said the 07 will be a few hundred more, but im not paying sales tax ( buying it out of state in PA ). 3 week wait though... each night seems more and more restless, i hate waiting! i'll fill you guys in when i get it and be sure to have pics up ! thanks for the help!

You can do better than that for a 06!Call a few more places in Pa and try for 5500.00.The CRF'S are 200.00 more though. I left Pa a 1.5 month ago YZ250F 06 5300 OTD.I do mean that price too,a lot of guy's BS on their prices they paid for. You are smart though staying out of jersey when purchasing a bike. I am not talking about saving on tAX EITHER!

Try Track & Trail Honda in State College, PA. I asked them a few weeks ago and I believe they said $5400 or $5500. I got mine for $5600 in December.

its damn near impossible to get prices over the phone. considering i just talked to about 4 dealers in PA and a few in NJ, and they all say that they can give me a deal if i drive up and see them in person ( of course what else would they say ) .. but.. not knowing exactly what kinda price i can get.. and since my truck isnt a hybrid... gas gets expensive... especially when your not 100% sure you'll have a pretty red bike in the back by nightfall. has anybody ever dealt with any PA dealers on a 06 or talked about a 07 250f and gotten real # prices on them? also, MX i tried track n trail and they didnt answer.. i'll be sure to try them tommorow.. thanks for the help everyone.... i didnt know buying a new bike could be so frustrating.. no wonder my dad kept me with used ones for this long :thumbsup:

a lot of dealers will also give a store credit around $100-$200 to sweeten the deal--get a helmet/gear---ask & you shall receive

Do yourself a favor and call Tri-County Honda in Petersburg, WV. Ask for Danny and tell him what you're looking for. He'll give you the OTD price without question. I've bought several bikes from him and he doesn't BS.

If nothing else, you'll know what he will charge you and can bounce that off other dealers. I bought two '04 CRF230's from him for a cost of $3000.00 OTD each. The nearest competitor wanted $3800.00 OTD. If nothing else, it'll entertain you.

You explain to them you would like a OTD price before You travel .Also get their name IF THEY GIVE YOU A GOOD PRICE,let them know you are a serious buyer too.I always get prices on the phone,now you have Ammo!!

haha thanks everyone. it really is like a war trying to talk to dealers and get your way. and I'm sure they think they can take advantage of me and think i don't know anything because I'm only 18. I've been doing some research on the 07's, and thinking about what my dad said.. and I'm leaning toward the 07.. but I'll just have to wait a few weeks before they come out because the dealerships I've talked to said they don't have them in yet and therefore don't have prices. but my buddy bought his 05 Honda for 5800 OTD right when it came out.... the same price they wanna give me on the 06 ( a soon to be leftover ) . well see how it goes.. only way you'll see me on a 06 is if i can get one substantially cheaper then a 07.. ( like $800 or more off ) . because later on down the road that 07 should pay itself back the extra few hundred i spend now for being a year newer ( whenever / if i ever sell it haha ) .

well.. dealerships all over the country I've seen can very pretty greatly in price on bikes. anybody know of OTD prices on a 06/ 07 around 5500 or less? my dad owns a trucking company.. so shipping wouldn't be a problem at all.. preferable states: CA, AZ, NM, TX, NV??? any where around me ( NJ / pa area ) sounds like there gonna want around 5800 for a 06 and 6+ for a 07. any help would be greatly appreciated.. after all.. every penny saved is worth it when your 18 and tight on money haha.

Dabco Transportation. we haul cross country office furniture/ store fixtures mostly. are you a driver? buisness owner? what company are you affiliated with?

I just left a company called Salson,I was a jockey for Linens and things down in Swedesboro. I have worked for Jevic,Brida's, New penn etc.I ran the road for 12 years and then went local.Right now I am looking. Did you check those prices out? Yes I am driver, have been since 1988.

Hey rideordie87

Call Monmouth Cycles and ask for Matt tell him I sent you and see what he can do for you.

He is a buddy of mine and got me mine $5670 OTD.

$5670 on a 07?? or 06? im goin to call southern honda today.. but there website even says $5133 OTD for a 06, and like i said shipping wont cost me anything. it also says they have the largest honda showroom in the USA. so no wonder they can sell so cheap.. dealing in bulk. i wanna find out when there getting 07's in and what they want for that. but southern honda is looking like my place. Thanks bigred455.......unless anyone knows of a place selling 06's cheaper then 5133 OTD?

$5670 on a 07?? or 06? im goin to call southern honda today.. but there website even says $5133 OTD for a 06, and like i said shipping wont cost me anything. it also says they have the largest honda showroom in the USA. so no wonder they can sell so cheap.. dealing in bulk. i wanna find out when there getting 07's in and what they want for that. but southern honda is looking like my place. Thanks bigred455.......unless anyone knows of a place selling 06's cheaper then 5133 OTD?

I called 1.5 month ago, they had 20 of the 06's in stock. :thumbsup: