Sign in to follow this  

Another Colorado Jetting Question

Just got a 2002 DRZ400E cream puff. Bike looks new, literally. Stock everything, pipe, airbox, original tires, barely worn. Stole it!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=25#

Ride

Purchased from original owner who lived at 8400'. Bike originally purchased from Excell in Denver, March 2002. Excell would have re-jetted it for proper altitude I assume? I don't know what jets are in there, haven't looked. Bike has problems idling, and huge off idle bog. May be jets are clogged due to little use bike has seen.

Would like to remove snorkel, add extended fuel screw, leave stock exhaust. Maybe remove coast enrichener.

Current altitude: 7300 ( Monument, CO ), will be riding around town and Rampart, so operating range will be 6500-9000'.

Have checked jetting database, haven't found exact match. Have tried to educate myself as much as possible via these and other forums, so I think I know what I need to do, mostly.

Plan on getting JD jet kit before taking everything apart. Am looking for jet and needle setttings. Any expert advice? Thanks.

it was purchased previous to me working for excel.so its most likely not jetted correctly.

it sounds as if your pilot jet is plugged.

leave the coast enrichener for your first adventure.

6500-9500ft

snorkle out

148 main jet (142 stock)

200 main ait jet (stock)

blue needle clip

45 pilot jet (stock)

Thanks for the info. Need some clarification please.

What is:

snorkle out -- No Problemo

148 main jet (142 stock) -- No Problem

200 main ait jet (stock) --- Don't understand this

blue needle clip ----- or this. Is this a clip position, or a needle that comes with the JD kit?

45 pilot jet (stock) - No problem

Since you didn't mention the Extended Fuel Screw, are you suggesting that I don't mess with it? Speak slowly and use small words please...

Thanks for the info. Need some clarification please.

What is:

snorkle out -- No Problemo

148 main jet (142 stock) -- No Problem

200 main ait jet (stock) --- Don't understand this

blue needle clip ----- or this. Is this a clip position, or a needle that comes with the JD kit?

45 pilot jet (stock) - No problem

Since you didn't mention the Extended Fuel Screw, are you suggesting that I don't mess with it? Speak slowly and use small words please...

200 main air jet (stock)....this means this is what comes on the carb when it is completely in stock form (no modofocations).

Blue needle is the one that comes with the JD jet kit. I think Eddie just forgot to put a number after the word "clip" which would tell you which clip position to put the needle in.