Sign in to follow this  

2006 TE610 - Removing CA Emission Lines

This post is a supplement to one I found on Adventure Rider by Big Dog a few months ago (thanks for that one by the way).

The TE610 comes with an emissions assembly that is required for CA only (I think). The problem is the emission lines are plumbed so that the ends of the clear pink carb drain lines are held up and cannot drain properly. The lines fill very easily if the bike is dropped, tilted or even wheelie-ed and once filled, the carb is choked and there is a very noticeable performance loss at lower RPMs. Basically the initial throttle response gets mushy. The drain lines are also very hard to clear with the stock plumbing.

We recently removed this system (my neighbor has the same bike) and documented the steps in the attached link: http://home.comcast.net/~husk/emissions.html

The bikes now run great! Very crisp right off the line. They also look a whole lot better without the can and black plumbing. I will add that a friend of mine spoke to a Husqvarna rep at a race last weekend and the rep mentioned that some bikes need to be re-jetted once the assembly is removed depending on where they are in the country but in MA everything is Cool & the Gang.

FYI, here is Big Dog’s post on Adventure Rider (scroll down about halfway down):http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108873

Enjoy!

Nice little site there. I did not notice before the TE610 had its charcoal cannister on the right side my TE250 had it on the left.

A cry for help no doubt but I spent a little time making sure I did this the right way so I felt compelled to share. Thanks for the reply!

-Ted

PS you wrote "…my TE250 had it on the left.” Does this mean you removed yours also? Just curious.

Thanks for the great post. I am going to reinstall that green/grey pressure valve that vents the gas tank. I talked with a guy who knows 1000 times more than me about these 2006 TE 610s and he suggested the 4 higher carb vents be filtered so that when they suck dust they wont scour the piston bore. Please keep posting your modifications. Thanks -Frank in Orange County CA

Thanks, will do.

Question, did your friend give you any ideas on how to filter the lines? I've never heard of doing that but at some level it makes sense. I just can see how something can filter & drain at the same time.

I used those T s left over. 2 into 1 then again 2 into 1 and that into an aftermarket crankcase breather. I am not saying this is THE right way though. I do feel a little bit better about it being filtered for now untill one of the guys who really really really knows these bikes says "This is the way to do it."