Sign in to follow this  

motojackrack vs. ultimate MX hauler

I am still looking for a good bike carrier but it seems like there is always just as much negative to say about them as there is good. Anyone have any thoughts on the two of these racks. I like the idea but they look to be pretty much the same product.

I have recently picked one up but it is a Boss Hitch carrier. I looked at a lot and read a ton of reviews. The Boss one looked like a good make and had some good features. It has an lock down method to the hitch reciever that is anti wobble and it works. It has lights which is great. It is simple which is awesome. It is bomber construction which I love. I have hauled my XR650 a bunch and it can take my VTR1000 as well but I drain the gas out of that pig before loading.

see the story at:

http://www.bosstruckaccessories.com/motorcyclecarrier.html

There was a review on a bunch of hitch carriers in issue 285 sept 06 Dirt Rider magazine. I have not read it yet as I have one now but the Boss one was not reviewed.

RL, I bought the carrier from atvexpress.com. I've used a handful of times and it works well. No complaints as of yet. It's simple to use and lightweight and it has an anti wobble feature. The only pain, to me, is the anti wobble feature, you need to have a ratchet and tighten it to the hitch. It only takes a few seconds to do it but it is somewhat of a pain. Maybe I am just too lazy at that point.

good luck with your choice.

junior