Sign in to follow this  

just back from "mototown USA"

Wow, this place is no pole barn. For those of you who dont know, this is the new indoor MX facility near Hartford CT.

I spent a while wandering around looking at the building and the track: somebody has spent some serious cash to get this going. It is on a large scale. The building is L-shaped with a main track that takes up about 2/3 of the space and then two smaller tracks- one a sand track and one maybe a kids track??

There are various observation areas that overlook the tracks. There are a bunch of shops going in, the rear of which open onto a walkway which overlooks the tracks. It is a multi level facility...very impressive. This will be by far the best option for winter riding in the northeast. It will probably be hopping when the snow flies

How is the track set up? SX STYLE very aggressive with the layout,or pretty opened and not that technical. I was just on there website,sounds upstanding,but they need to advertise with pics on the layout.

I would say the main track leans more toward SX style, but the obstacles are obviously not full sx obstacles, otherwise most riders would kill themselves . it looks like nice dirt, too. no rocks..

I was up there for the grand opening back in June. We need one of them in Jersey.