Drd Full Exhaust System

Looking at buying a full DRD system on-line. You can get a full system at MOTO FRUGALS for $389.00. That's pretty cheap, anyone know of this? I called and asked if they were new and they said yes. Might have to go ahead and buy it. Is this a good set up?

Call Dave @ MDR. Just bought a complete system for my '04 with screen and baffle (96db) without it is 102db for $360.00 shipped. You alos have the choice of headers. I got the mid-top but he also offers a low-mid. Dave is great talk to him and he will do what you want. Also if you bang the pipe up...ship it back and he will fix it for free and ship it back. Also these things make better power than DR.D system....and actually better power than all the $700+ systems. Check around most all will agree...

http://www.mrd-racing.com

At least give him a call and chat...

theDogger

Call Dan @ MDR. Just bought a complete system for my '04 with screen and baffle (96db) without it is 102db for $360.00 shipped. You alos have the choice of headers. I got the mid-top but he also offers a low-mid. Dave is great talk to him and he will do what you want. Also if you bang the pipe up...ship it back and he will fix it for free and ship it back. Also these things make better power than DR.D system....and actually better power than all the $700+ systems. Check around most all will agree...

http://www.mrd-racing.com

At least give him a call and chat...

theDogger

? only way to go :ride:

No how cool is this....I wake up and have a email from Dave last night. Saying that he just finished the exhaust and it will ship today.

Now that is way better service that you will ever get from the bigboys. Should be here on Friday ?:ride:?

thanks Dave.....

I'll post a ride report when the bike and engine back together. I have a CRF250 CDI, CrowerCam G2 and the exhaust to add. Going to add them as individual items and them in stages and see what the differences are....

theDogger

Get outta here.... just because it is'nt red-anodised or carbon-fibre-mr.fancy-pants-style. Dr.D. could be a good pipe! haven't rode one myself, but people like it I've heard. Good magazine reviews too etc.... I don't belive it's a bad pipe

Yeah,

The bashing of the Dr. D is unwarranted in my opinion. I have one. It is a solid pipe and pretty damn good for the price compared to other companies out there.

Sure, if I had the same money to spend again, I'd get the MRD pipe. I have a 2004 CRF450, and I put the stock pipe back on once to see if I could tell a difference -- well, the Dr. D was better for me. It gives me just enough extra bottom end, with comparible top end to the stock pipe. I don't have a lot of money to through around. If I did, I'd try the MRD pipe and shelf my Dr. D.

But don't say it is crap guys, because it surely isn't. Besides, customer service is very good from Dubach.

ben

No one has said that the Dr.D Pipe is bad. It is just that it is very over rated. If you read the reviews it actually makes less HP on the Dyno than the stock pipe. So as Shawn said it makes it into a X.

The other thing that I have trouble understanding is why would anyone want more Low-end on these 450's. I can see for trail or woods riding but if you are half-way fast you crave more mid-top on outdoors tracks......Not sure I get it.......

theDogger

I run a Two Bros now, used to run a Dr D, they both work well. It depends on your riding style. Some people here are way over opinionated. Just so you guys don't start flaming me, it is all personal preference. Yes some pipes produce way more hp.,torque ... . It is all about how you roll it on. MRD should be an excellent pipe. Their service is way beyond what is normal. I also would like to get one because of the way this board raves about them! But I also know guys that have national caliber rides using FMF and PC.

But I also know guys that have national caliber rides using FMF and PC.

Very true.....but they are also getting them for FREE and most of them are paid to run them not becasue they want to or the team has a contract.

There are national riders that have stickers on there bikes of sponsers but do not even use their products because they are POS. But they are getting paid to advertize to the public so the local poser buys their stuff.

Example..there are pro's that are sponsered by RACE TECH and do not even run the mid-valves or are even re-valved by RACE TECH. But the stickers are on the fork tubes...It is all smoke and mirrors....

it is all personal preference. Yes some pipes produce way more hp.,torque ... . It is all about how you roll it on.

Again this is true and I never disputed this...but from performance and price/quality you can not beat the MRD.

Also check this thread and this supports my argument about the DR.D pipe..

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402352

Hi Ben , i did not ever like the drd pipe for the type of power it made ,---but however --you liked it before so

---kelstr

I'm going to bring out the stock exhaust too and maybe give that a try now again. It should be mentioned that I got the Dr. D back when I was new to the 450 and my riding was fast beginner level at best. I'm at least a fast novice now, if not a slow intermediate. So I may have out grown the Dr. D, and I'm willing to submit if that is the case.

-------armourbl

theDogger

The other thing that I have trouble understanding is why would anyone want more Low-end on these 450's. I can see for trail or woods riding but if you are half-way fast you crave more mid-top on outdoors tracks......Not sure I get it.......

theDogger

Put me down for more low-end.

I'm a fast Novice, but pushing 295 lbs. I want it to accelerate hard out of corners. Yeah, losing weight is an option also. But at 48, easier said than done.

To date myself, I used to race BSA B50's and a wicked CCM 570. Ceriani forks, Canted Gas Girlings, Barnes Disc Brake on the rear. And a lantern battery for power! It had a total loss ignition, crank cutoff where the stator should be. I'm rambling...

I tried the PC GP Ti-4, good pipe, but sucked the lowend away. I just got a used DR. D off Ebay. Gonna play with the jetting a bit. But right now-Geez! The stock pipe puts it to shame. I can't understand how MXA and Dirt Bike Mags say this thing rips on lowend.

I'm a fast Novice, but pushing 295 lbs. I want it to accelerate hard out of corners.

If you carry more corner speed then you would not need more then the stock low-end. You will be in the meat of the mid-top.....tap the clutch a couple times and roll the throttle on.........

I have not ridden a PC pipe but would like to. I understand that they add quite a bit to the upper-mid - top.....I just can't justify paying over $700 clams for a name....

theDogger